Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
Revenge of the Sith - NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

I got sucked in to go see this tonight at 12:01 with friends. I was thinking about passing when the image of a packed theater crossed my mind, but the Star Wars pull sucked me in.

Unlike many other people who are majorly into Star Wars, I enjoyed Episode 1 and 2. If you're looking for a deep,well written drama, look elsewhere. As far as the nice action scenes and the build up to Episodes 4-6, I found them quite interesting.

I doubt I will be disapointed tonight. Looking forward to seeing what other people thought as well.

What am I really looking forward to seeing? Episode III at my house. :p

Last edited:
Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Standing in line with you I will be. Suckered in by the George I was. Humble he should be with what to one of my favourite franchises he has done. Long will I have to wait in line. If disappointed with the film I am, others will hear.

Patient will I be as no babysitter have I. Yes, long is the wait I must endure and quick is the trip to Florida I will make soon as I move South towards the light. There will I at last find the watchers I seek as I pursue the vision I long to see.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Oh I am so afraid the movie theater will be fully packed when your friends arrive ;)

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Whodini says

The freaks come out at night...

saurabh

saurabh

Audioholic
Star Wars Mania Grips US

Star Wars fans lined up at New York City's famous Ziegfeld theatre on Wednesday, a day before the first showing of Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith.

Schoolteacher Tom Taylor's excitement was so visible at his school -- that his students bought him a special gift for the big day.

"My students did buy me this light sabre, knowing that I was coming to the first showing of Star Wars, so the excitement has been mutual between me and the students," Taylor said.

Other fans arrived in costume - some expressing a sinister appreciation of the dark side.

The first New York screening of Episode III - Revenge of the Sith is on Thursday at 12:01 am local time.

A small survey of those lining up unscientifically confirmed predictions of high absenteeism in American offices on Thursday.

Freddie Crespo dressed in a Jedi knight costume to celebrate the movie. Crespo said he left work early and will not go to work tomorrow.

Similar scenes played out around the country ahead of the opening of the sixth and final episode of the seminal science fiction series created by George Lucas.

Fans passed the time reading and chatting with friends and fellow fans, some of whom dressed in Star Wars costumes. Several said they've seen the movies more times than they can count.

Revenge of the Sith is the prequel to the original 1977 Star Wars movie and brings the saga full circle after 28 years.

It reveals how young Jedi Anakin Skywalker turns to the Dark Side and becomes Darth Vader.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
I've gotta say, when it comes to art I know what I hate, and I didn't hate this. It was the darkest Starwars to date. It still isn't the #1 of the series for me, but it is at least number 3, might even be #2. For me Empire still reigns as the best movie of the bunch. THe special effects were awesome. The sound was incredible. About half of the acting was really good, the other half stank. The dialouge was pretty weak in parts. Some of the action is very intense. There are at least 6 good jedi duels. Yoda is the man in this movie. Punk him off no one does. They try to keep the love story to a minimum but jeesh the script is so weak and there is no chemistry between those two.
I did enjoy the movie, and it does provide closure to the saga, and it does show a pretty good rendition of a good man going bad. I won't nitpick or post any details because I don't want to ruin any surprises. Unlike the last two debacles this one is worth the cost of admission to a theater.

The nerds, my God the nerds. They were everywhere, swinging lightsabers, dressed in full Jedi or Emperor getups. There were even three teens dressed as the Teenage mutant ninja turtles. We went to the 12:01 show. I am ashamed to admit it but we lined up at 9:00pm. THey let us in to the theater at around 10:00. I got stuck sitting next to a guy who went to my highschool but was two years younger than me. He was pretty talkative but it turned out to be a good distraction on the two plus hour wait once we were seated. The theater ran a special and sold hotdogs, cokes, small popcorns, and bottled water at $1 each.

Note: if you have small children think twice about bringing them if you don't want to expose them to some pretty graphic violence. Also please don't be the guy who drags their kid to a midnight showing of this on a school night. The movie wasn't over untill almost 3:00 in the morning. Man I'm tired, where's the new kid with my coffee?

Last edited:
shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
Is it animation or is it real? Well over 50% is computer generated and that means it could be up for a animation award. Strange.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
It's close enough to real nut not perfect. To be honest there were a couple of scenes where live action and CGI wre not exactly seemless. Also some close ups of Yoda's face and the like. For the most part it is so real that you can't tell it's fake if that makes any sense.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Am I the only one left who doesn't care enough to not wait for the DVD?

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
A...er...hmmm...

Takeereasy said:
it is so real that you can't tell it's fake .
I don't know how to break it to ya...Vader's not Luke's father...in fact that's not his real voice either...it's all fake...just that some of it's fake-er then the rest of it...

jimHJJ(...in fact, this didn't just happen...poof!!!...)

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
well I definetly enjoyed it.
The time flew by. Yes a lot of wonderful duels. I too won't go in to heavy detail, but In the end it left me wanting more. I guess I can quench that thirst by watching Episode 4-6.

I'll most likely be going again this weekend w/the wife; she couldn't do the 12:01am thing :)

In all, I'll never view Darth Vader quite the same.

Last edited:
Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
My son wants to go and maybe we'll go in a few weeks when the madness has died down. I hate lines and don't get the need to see it at midnight. :rolleyes:

Also, I suppose I should watch episodes 1 and 2 so I understand what this one is about. :D

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
Shadow_Ferret said:
My son wants to go and maybe we'll go in a few weeks when the madness has died down. I hate lines and don't get the need to see it at midnight. :rolleyes:

Also, I suppose I should watch episodes 1 and 2 so I understand what this one is about. :D
Well in this case... if you know 4,5, and 6 you're good to go as well.

Rock&Roll Ninja said:
Am I the only one left who doesn't care enough to not wait for the DVD?
Too... many... double negatives... must concentrate... concentrate... focus...

Actually, to answer your question... I'm not entirely unsure that I may not be disinterested in not waiting to not buy the DVD when it comes out. Then again, perhaps not. :p

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
ducker said:
Well in this case... if you know 4,5, and 6 you're good to go as well.
Yes, I am very familiar with the "good" series. It's the new one I lost interest in. ;)

M

Mega2000

Audioholic
this movie lived up to the hype. i thought it was awesome and made the original trilogy proud.

i am seeing it again tonight.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis