Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith Review by Simon Brown

saurabh

saurabh

Audioholic
Well I saw the movie at the midnight session. We all had to endure 15min of ads and trailers before the main event. Ok I will start with the negatives first and get them out of the way. The opening to the movie was, I thought a make or break for this film. Again we are treated to lush special effects and groundbreaking sound no surprise. The only problem was that the action on screen was uninteresting and pointless. We follow two Jedi (guess who) and watch them fly around avoiding any obstacles that are thrown their way. There simply wasn't any immediate danger as both Jedi are taking it all in their stride. Silly dialogue again was misplaced and took you out of the action and the seriousness of the situation was lost. LUCAS why must you insist on making the droids sound like Looney Toon characters? They are battle droids not lego toys with sounds and they present no threat what so ever to the Jedi pointless. The battle seems to be the main event then it just stops or we just never see it again. General Grevious was the Jar Jar for this movie, lets see what we can do with a special effect just not as irritating. A very under used character and wasted, disappointing. The lightsaber battles we see are much more intense but again very quick especially the early ones, seemed rushed. Samual L Jackson was the weakest actor in this chapter he seemed like he was just going through the motions. Now the ending... when you see it (Two Jedi fighting), the way it finishes is like we are short changed, it just didn't make any sense to me. There are a few bad editing moments which I thought were badly done can't mention without spoilers. Sorry and one more thing those that are expecting the Wookies to have alot of screen time be prepared for disappointment and wasted opportunity. Thats it for negatives onto the good stuff.

The second half of the movie is where it really shines. It is definately the darkest of all the movies and for good reason. It felt like the OT and the most talked about moments (we know what they are) are handled beautifully. The music was amazing and suited it perfectly. The first half of the film is light but the second is just plain gritty and dark. The acting has improved hugely thank god, and everyone except who I mentioned above was excellent. I really felt sorry for Obi-Won and Yoda when things take a turn for the worst as they are so pure and they are dealt such a devastating blow both mentally and physically. The people at ILM have outdone themselves and created an amazing looking and sounding movie a true testimont to their ablilties. Well done

Well it's over for the movie that is. It's just a shame that Lucas still hasn't learned from the previous two that comedy should be left out in most cases and let the story flow. I noticed some dialogue was missing from the movie that was in the trailer and I'm hoping that an unrated version will come out on dvd as anyone under the age of 15 wont be able to watch it.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
Thanks for the review.

What a shame Lucas hasn't learned anything from those two previous movies.

Makes me wonder if Lucas indeed created the original Star Wars movies.

D

DISCMAN

Audioholic Intern
Were you really that happy with Natalie Portman's acting in this? I thought it was so bad that at times it "pulled" me out of the movie. I did think Ewan & Ian's was the best we have seen in a SW movie, at least in 1-3.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis