Star Trek Strange New Worlds Paramount+

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Who actually pays to subscribe to Paramount+, because I am watching Halo & Picard I do lol. Didn't know this was even being made, stumbled upon it by accident.

Decent Plot summary: It follow Pike (Pre Kirk) the guy who didn't make it past the original pilot series ;). It has a significant number of familiar names from the original series, even if the timelines don't quite gel. It was a decent first episode, but I am waiting for Paramount to ruin it :eek:,. They are taking the only significant brand and milking it for all its worth. Hopefully this will be better than Discovery. Though I still love the lower deck show.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
SNW has potential unlike the trash that is STP and STD. SNW has a good premise, great lead as Captain Pike and the woke factor is a tad stepped back compared to the other two series. Here's hoping it gets better over time and they don't continually poop on canon like the other Alex Kurtzman productions have (w exception to Lower Decks).

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I have Paramount+ but I'm not a star trek guy. I love the service though. A ton of 4K Dolby Vision content unlike HBO max that can't even bother to have their original shows/movies/programs in UHD. A perfect example is Chernobyl, you can but the 4k Blu Ray but it's not in 4k on HBO max. Laziness.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I will say the series is getting gradually better, not perfect, but has the original Star Trek Vibe. Not 100% sold on Spock.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I started catching up on this last week. Through e6 as of last night.
I'm not mad at it. Frankly, it is better overall than Discovery. Mind, I actually liked the much darker beginning to Discovery and the spin they seemed to be giving it, but after (what, like?) 4 episodes, it became just another ST series... but quirky.
I'm not complaining about the Doctor or some of the other stuff, but it really was a little extra quirky.

Anyway. I like AM. The actress playing his First seems solid. I like the Security Officer (reminds me a bit of Drummer from The Expanse), the blind Chief Engineer...

So far, it's a good ride.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
OK. I finally finished this last night.
Frankly, I liked it. Certainly there were parts that were quirky, but overall, I think this may have been the best single-season of any Star Trek series I've watched.
I hope we get more.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Liked it. But, a few casting choices might not fit just right.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Liked it. But, a few casting choices might not fit just right.
True, but when isn't that the case.

Curious whom you didn't care for? ;)

For me, it was maybe the Pilot and the Doctor (Not the assistant). Spock's GF was a little weak too.

Regarding Jess Bush (Christine Chapel), I hope she stays. ;)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I thought the casting was overall well done, I didn't have issue with anyone, though I think Spock has more emotions that most humans at this point! lol.

I am not a huge fan of Rebecca Romajin as 1st officer. Just doesn't seem the right part for her.

Last edited:
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Spock was a bit off but got better as it went on. Doctor lacked some personality and never really hit it. Pike is great and made Kirk seem bland. Chapel is cool. #1 a bit too humorless. Liked Hemmer, that sucked.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Who actually pays to subscribe to Paramount+, because I am watching Halo & Picard I do lol. Didn't know this was even being made, stumbled upon it by accident.

Decent Plot summary: It follow Pike (Pre Kirk) the guy who didn't make it past the original pilot series ;). It has a significant number of familiar names from the original series, even if the timelines don't quite gel. It was a decent first episode, but I am waiting for Paramount to ruin it :eek:,. They are taking the only significant brand and milking it for all its worth. Hopefully this will be better than Discovery. Though I still love the lower deck show.
Well, Pike did make it past the original pilots....in one of the more recent movies IIRC :) Might have to check this one out....

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
After reading this thread I decided to sign up for Paramount Plus. Watching Strange New Worlds right now. On E7 and yeah it's better than what's out there as far as reruns. Deep Space Nine couldn't deal with it. Them lil dude's with them big ears and snaggletooth teeth nan wasn't for me. But yeah this is good.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
After reading this thread I decided to sign up for Paramount Plus. Watching Strange New Worlds right now. On E7 and yeah it's better than what's out there as far as reruns. Deep Space Nine couldn't deal with it. Them lil dude's with them big ears and snaggletooth teeth nan wasn't for me. But yeah this is good.
Since you signed on to Paramount, should check out a couple of others, including the movie Infinite.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Since you signed on to Paramount, should check out a couple of others, including the movie Infinite.
Just watched both, Quiet Place and Quiet Place ll. Was gonna buy both on 4K Blu-ray but after watching both on Paramount glad I didn't get those two. Good movies, both not 4K worthy of the price. What else you recommend? Star Trek, Discovery? They do have a lot of BS to, who watches real house wife's. like big brother, umm RuPaul, umm Kardashians that's all trash TV man. So what you got to recommend Broski, cheese slice! :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Just watched both, Quiet Place and Quiet Place ll. Was gonna buy both on 4K Blu-ray but after watching both on Paramount glad I didn't get those two. Good movies, both not 4K worthy of the price. What else you recommend? Star Trek, Discovery? They do have a lot of BS to, who watches real house wife's. like big brother, umm RuPaul, umm Kardashians that's all trash TV man. So what you got to recommend Broski, cheese slice! :D
Infinite, Picard, Halo, and the two Star Trek series, Discovery and Strange new worlds. All free now that you signed up already. :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Infinite, Picard, Halo, and the two Star Trek series, Discovery and Strange new worlds. All free now that you signed up already. :D
I'm watching Strange New Worlds now! :D Halo!! Oh hell yeah!! Thanks for the heads up!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis