SRS premium sound & Realtek HD audio manager

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
Hi All,

Of note, I did a few searches and did not find much on the subject.

I have an ASUS N61J laptop. It has an HDMI output but I can't use this until I return home (currently deployed to Afghanistan). I use a 1/8 stereo headphone jack to RCA to connect to my used yamaha RXV465 + Behringer B2030P Truth speakers (receiver has no HDMI inputs).

When I get home I plan on looking into a wireless DAC. For now, I'd like to know does anyone have insight into the SRS premium sound & Realtek HD audio manager features - what do these things "do" to the sound? I have them disabled and the sound seems a bit "muted". I've tried uninstalling them and the volume is very very low (almost can't be heard with some low recordings/movies). Each of them has all sorts of silly features like listening to music in a padded room, underwater, etc. How can I get clean, unprocessed sound from my laptop?

Do any of you audiophile folks use these programs and like the results? Or, are you successfully bypassing them and why are you doing so?

Thanks!

Joe

M

maxx103

Audioholic Intern
thank you soldier

I have had a little experience with these and found almost all of the features to be useless. I am not completely sure of the problem but if you turn them all of and have the volume set all the way up (in the manager) it should be fine. I have not ever had any problems with it other than it being completely useless except for playing with. Hope i helped a little because i didn't completely understand the question the question .

jnelson88

jnelson88

Audioholic
Hi All,

Of note, I did a few searches and did not find much on the subject.

I have an ASUS N61J laptop. It has an HDMI output but I can't use this until I return home (currently deployed to Afghanistan). I use a 1/8 stereo headphone jack to RCA to connect to my used yamaha RXV465 + Behringer B2030P Truth speakers (receiver has no HDMI inputs).

When I get home I plan on looking into a wireless DAC. For now, I'd like to know does anyone have insight into the SRS premium sound & Realtek HD audio manager features - what do these things "do" to the sound? I have them disabled and the sound seems a bit "muted". I've tried uninstalling them and the volume is very very low (almost can't be heard with some low recordings/movies). Each of them has all sorts of silly features like listening to music in a padded room, underwater, etc. How can I get clean, unprocessed sound from my laptop?

Do any of you audiophile folks use these programs and like the results? Or, are you successfully bypassing them and why are you doing so?

Thanks!

Joe

I prefer not to use them. They pretty much add an echo to create the illusion of surround sound and different listening environments. I am in the same boat except im in Iraq, Watching movies on headphones is the only way to go. What I would do, which is what I plain on doing is buying this:
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Soundblaster-Surround-System-SB1095/dp/B0044DEDCA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1289216223&sr=8-2

and for now I am using this(makes a difference): http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Soundblaster-Audio-System-SB1290/dp/B0044DEDC0/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1289216374&sr=8-7

I haven't seen any wireless ones, maybe this points you in the direction.

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
Thanks for the info! I decided to uninstall the SRS Premium & leave the Realtek driver. I think this has eliminated the unusual coloration of my music & movies.

Joe

jnelson88

jnelson88

Audioholic
Thanks for the info! I decided to uninstall the SRS Premium & leave the Realtek driver. I think this has eliminated the unusual coloration of my music & movies.

Joe
good to hear. Stay safe.

Last edited:
Mika75

Mika75

Audioholic
I have used SRS Audio Sandbox software for pc, it can make a huge difference to perceived sound stage and ambiance but typically when using cheaper speakers/headphones.

M

Mr. Quest-For-Da-Best

Audiophyte
I find SRS Premium Sound useless. If you have Realtek HD Audio Manager on your computer, then do not use the sound effects like padded room, underwater, etc. This is just an Environment setting for when you want to make it sound like you were in that place. The only thing that you should use is the equalizer; There is an equalizer that boosts the volume, It is called "Powerful" and I suggest you use it but it has many other options in the drop-down menu. I have it on the computer that I am using right now. Here is what I mean:
1543724752923.png

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis