SRS Circle Surround 2 for Japan's Soccer Broadcasts

Thought Circle Surround was a secondary format? Apparently not in Japan, where the 38 member stations of the JFN Network, Japan's leading broadcasting network association of radio stations including the popular TOKYO FM station located in the heart of Tokyo next to the Emperor's Palace, delivered the first-ever surround sound soccer broadcast.

The Kashima Antlers against FC Barcelona game was broadcast in full 5.1-channel surround sound using SRS Labs' Circle Surround. TOKYO FM broadcast the soccer game and encoded the surround mix live into the standard two-channel broadcast format using SRS Circle Surround. The signal was then broadcast to over 100 million soccer fans in Japan via the JFN network. Listeners with a home theater or automotive entertainment system that includes multichannel capability heard incredible life-like surround sound, while those listening over regular two-speaker stereo systems heard the broadcast in enhanced stereo.

Read the Full Article

Attachments

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I've never heard "Circle Surround"- hell, I didn't realize it was a "format" per se. But I love watching football in PLII. Ditto for the Olympics. It just increases the sense of immersion exponentially.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis