sr7500 died and now looking to buy new avr and looking for help

L

lt1z350

Audiophyte
Seems that no matter who you talk to you get a different answer so I decided to come to a forum and ask for opinions and help. So far I have found the best prices at accessories4less plus I got my marantz there in 2007 and told them about the issues so they are offering me a free additional 5 year warranty on any avr that I buy. I had intended on keeping it below 1000 bucks which put me around sr 7005 and sr7007 or onyko 1009 but then started looking at some other more expensive ones and actually had a 5009 bought off ebay for 900 bucks and he backed out of it so had the idea I was getting this sweet system so now looking at a new well referb 5009 or a denon 4311 as referb is no big deal with having the free 5 year warranty I will have on it. So now let me tell u what I want to do and you tell me if I am going over board with a system and a cheaper one will do what I want as any of these are way better than the sr7500 that I had. I have all polk audio speakers a center two fronts two rear and two rear surround so 7 speakers set up with two rear behind and two rear surround in the ceiling. all of them arent top but good ones rti8 side csi3 front fxi3 rear and cant remember the flush mount ceiling ones but were around 500 for pair pretty sure they were in line with the others for same range. also a psw350 sub. So that is my tv room setup for speakers. I have a 65 inch Panasonic versa 3d tv plazma. I have a ps3 I use for dvd and blue ray one of the newest ones I also have a new sony 3d blue ray I could use if needed but it is upstairs in my master bedroom now but I think the ps3 will play anything I need to in blue ray and 3d if I want to use that. I have att uverse for my tv and internet and have a pretty good speed not top of the line but not near the bottom either I think extreme or one down. I have laptops tablets and iphone so all the stuff for apps and music on my phone. I am considering adding one or two speakers out side by my pool and if I can one upstairs in the master and one in the back of the house hallway so can hear music all over the house. that is pretty much the gist of it all and what I want to do. I like to watch movies music every now and then like at pool or cleaning the house but mostly is the tv watching movies. So I need something with a lot of channels for the surround and ability for more zones. I need to have hdmi switching for 3d tv and fast for ps3 with games. Ability to hook I phone or tablet up for music which almost all of them have it now. I have xm in my truck and car so that would be nice to have on it and wifi or ability to hook it up. seems most higher end ones will have the same or very close options so now which one to get. I was weary of even considering another marantz as my sr7500 died 2 months out of the box and never was right after repairs by plaza electronics in largo florida the authorized dealer that they told me to send it to for repair. But having a 5 year warranty on anything I buy I did look at the sr7005 and sr7007 but neither are 9.2 so figured they are off the table. A friend at work has a onyko 1009 and loves it so was thinking about that one but after almost having the 5009 and seeing the features it has I feel stepping back to the 1009 is the wrong way to go. then I read many people having customer service problems with onyko under the factory warranty and also some heat and reliability issues so I then looked to the denon models specifically the 4311 as it is at the top of my price range at 1300 for the refeb at accessories4less. there is one more a 4520ci but do I need all that as seems the 4311ci is very close in options and it is a few hundred more but it is also on the table. I dont see any other ones that have caught my eye but if you know of one that will suit my needs and around that price range I am all ears. I am going to rely on what I get out of everyone as most companies I talk to wont put there finger on a favorite but I have read the most good reviews on the 4311 not one unhappy owner. I have seen that some onyko owners have said it takes a lot of adjusting to the room to get it to sound good and denon with the auto setup it works great. Marantz owners seem to not say much I have seen a few get rid of the new 7005 for a 4311 and say the denon sounds clearer and cleaner. So many that seem to have very similar features and stuff I just dont know about so to hear from you with what are things the average person wont know and it gives a reciever an edge over another things like that will help. So tell me what would you do now with my stuff and money wont matter but not looking to buy something that I pay for things I will never use as a average person looking for something to just sound really good and not have to spend months with crazy adjustments to get it all setup so I am happy. I will take time and tweak it I just dont want to be doing it every time I turn it on as the center seems to not be loud enough with this movie vrs this tv show like I had to with that sr7500 every time I turned it on it seemed. I was never happy with that one and why I turned to the people this time rather than just reading a few reviews and buying a reciever. Thanks in advance for taking the time to one read all this and two help me make for a more enjoyable audio experience in my home. I look forward to reading any and all replys and hope I did all this in the right place and dont uspet someone over being a newbie here.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis