Splitting Component Signal

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Bump

Nobody knows? BMXTRIX? My gut feeling is I'll need a distribution box like this:

http://www.smarthome.com/777064.html

But my solution below would be a lot simplier and cheaper. My concern with using the splitter below is that the receiver and TV will be connected and there could be a ground issue.

Any help is appreciated.

S

Sleestack

Senior Audioholic
I use a distributor to run my HDTV signal to 2 TVs.. It cost me about $150, but I can't detect any signal loss.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thanks, the one from parts express will probably work.

Sleestack, are you using the same one? If not which one.

Thanks.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
While I have never actually tried it, I would expect that you would see a signal loss by using a generic Y-adapter. It may not be visible with a single Y though. I have split composite 3-ways before signal loss became an issue. But, that was to low quality displays instead of decent TVs. Now, with my component that I do split to my plasma and my projector I use an Extron RGBHV distribution amplifier. This is similar to what you linked to at SmartHome.

I have an offer if you need to send your video to a couple of TVs only. I have an extra Extron piece I could let go for 50 bucks if you want it. It is very similar to this piece: http://www.extron.com/product/product.asp?id=in3252hr&subtype=32 and the one that I am currently using works perfectly. Extron stuff is top notch and is a professional standard seeing little use in the home, but nearly impossible to beat in overall quality.

S

Sleestack

Senior Audioholic
Duffinator said:
Thanks, the one from parts express will probably work.

Sleestack, are you using the same one? If not which one.

Thanks.
Yes, that is the one I am using. I tested it against my $500 Zektor switches running in reverse and a staraight connection and couldn't see any loss in picture quality.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis