Split satellite signal via coax to two tvs??..

Pwner_2130

Pwner_2130

Audioholic
Hi,
I'm not sure if this tread belongs here, but I was wondering if anyone here knows how to split a signal from a satellite out to two crt tvs? I 've tried splitting it with an RCA coax splitter to no avail...Please help, thanks:D

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
No, you can't do that. For that you would need two receivers and a dish with two... receiver beacon thingies on it.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
You could split the 'output' from the sat receiver to the TV's.
They would both show the same channel though. That's no fun.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I have Dish Network, and split my family room Sat receiver's output, and sent it to a kitchen TV.
My Dish receiver has an RF remote, so I could change channels while watching the kitchen TV.
You can't use just any splitter though. It has to be rated at the higher frequencies that the satellite signal demands.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Where are you trying to split it? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

If you are simply using the modulated output (on channel 3) then, yes, you simply put a splitter in place and it will send channle 3 DSS to wherever you want it to go.

I did a setup recently with a Dish box (channel 4) and DirecTV (channel 3) and I combined/split the signals to 2 TVs so they could watch either box they wanted to. Worked absolutely great!

As for the incmoing line - you should be using a multiplexer of some sort. I'm not as well versed in the nuances of the incoming satellite signal to multiple boxes, so I'm not going to be much help there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis