flexodude

flexodude

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Hello,
I've got a ghetto blaster that requires a headphone type plug for the left and right speakers jacks. I had a wire laying around with the headphone plug, so I cut into the wire section and found a white wire wrapped with copper wire.
My question is which is which in regards to positive and negative and does it mater which one I use.
This is kinda hard to describe but I could send a picture.

Cheers,
Roger</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>if they stuck to the layout I'm used to seeing on mic plugs (which I suspect this is one of those &quot;mini-&quot; mic connectors), then the larger contact is your negative.

-Nutz</font>

flexodude

flexodude

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>the inner wire (white wire) is much smaller than the copper wire that surrounds it so your description is right on. I will connect it up and give it a try!</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>i &nbsp;was referring to the plug itself, but yes the outer conductor is negative. &nbsp;In a standard coax style wire the outer conductor should always be negative. &nbsp; If you ever go to stereo style plugs, then you should make a simple tester out of a light bulb, a battery, a project box, and some wires....not too hard to get working. &nbsp;the purpose is to find out what wire goes with what conductor on the plug, since wire colors for those vary maker by maker.

-Nutz</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis