T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
What is your desired listening and max SPL at your sitting position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Most of the time, for music, I am looking at peaks a little below 90dB (C Weighted RadioShack meter).
For me, this is a nice full sound without getting overbearing.
I turn it up a bit if I am wanting to fully "experience" an action movie. The peaks are louder, but the sound is generally not so steady as it is for music.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Most of the time, for music, I am looking at peaks a little below 90dB (C Weighted RadioShack meter).
For me, this is a nice full sound without getting overbearing.
I turn it up a bit if I am wanting to fully "experience" an action movie. The peaks are louder, but the sound is generally not so steady as it is for music.
Wow...I feel like an old fart....probably because I am an old fart...:)

The majority of the house is on the main floor. The loft (my space) is upstairs but fairly centered over the family room but cannot be closed off with doors...sound travels throughout the house pretty well.

Wife home...music typically peaking around 70dB.

Wife not home...music typically peaking in the low to mid 80s...depends on the music. A few like Jeff Beck's blow by blow I crank into the 90s.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Most music listening done in the 55-70 dB average range, peaks 70-90 range (z-weighted) last time I had a mic setup to check. Put in something I liked really loud and that was average low 90s, peaked at 112dB, but that's only going to happen for short periods of time these days. Movies probably a touch louder, usually -25 to -15dB relative range on the dial. Depends on the content and mood....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Mostly in the -15 to -20 range for me on the relative scale, but I'll bump it up to 0 from time to time. I like to listen to Chocolate Chip Trip with the volume pegged because it almost sounds like there's a kit playing in my room again, lol.

S

Sir G

Enthusiast
Mostly in the -15 to -20 range for me on the relative scale, but I'll bump it up to 0 from time to time. I like to listen to Chocolate Chip Trip with the volume pegged because it almost sounds like there's a kit playing in my room again, lol.
Wow!!!...how big is your room? I normally listen at -35db but will go to -30db depending on content. It gets really loud after!!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wow!!!...how big is your room? I normally listen at -35db but will go to -30db depending on content. It gets really loud after!!!
Conversely, how big is your room? How did you calibrate? You have a super low noise floor?

S

Sir G

Enthusiast
My room is modest at 18 x 12 x10 with listening distance at 10ft. I had calibrated my speakers at 75db using the spl meter

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Wow...I feel like an old fart....probably because I am an old fart...:)

The majority of the house is on the main floor. The loft (my space) is upstairs but fairly centered over the family room but cannot be closed off with doors...sound travels throughout the house pretty well.

Wife home...music typically peaking around 70dB.

Wife not home...music typically peaking in the low to mid 80s...depends on the music. A few like Jeff Beck's blow by blow I crank into the 90s.
Well for the record, I probably should have said most of the time when I am really listening, for music, I am looking at peaks a little below 90dB!
In truth, the majority of time, the music is background, and then I listen about 10dB lower.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Well for the record, I probably should have said most of the time when I am really listening, for music, I am looking at peaks a little below 90dB!
In truth, the majority of time, the music is background, and then I listen about 10dB lower.
I'm 12'+ away from the speakers...on week nights I typically get home first so I have an hr and a half or so where I can crank it up, but there are times I prefer it lower with dim lights...low 60s dB.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Big room. Over 5000^3. 0 is pretty loud, but the -15 to -20 range isn't too bad. Works out to ~70 dB or so from where I sit.

S

Sir G

Enthusiast
Big room. Over 5000^3. 0 is pretty loud, but the -15 to -20 range isn't too bad. Works out to ~70 dB or so from where I sit.
Yep...thats a big room!!!, over twice the size of mine. So how do your Ultras sound in the -12 to -15 range, and for how long do you listen on average at a given time?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis