D

drnick

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>My home Theater room is 13'x13'.  The main seating position is 9ft. from the center channel speaker.  I had the front speakers on the side of a 40 inch. TV (about 6-7 foot apart), and although this was good for movies, I felt the sound stage was too small for music. I have moved the speakers to the other side of the equipment racks which places them about 10ft. from each other.  The left front speaker is now about 1 foot from the wall and the right main is about 3 foot from the wall.    I am using RBH-61SE and 661-SE.  It sounds to me that SACD music (MCH) is pushed to the left side of the room. Does this make any sense? What would be the the optimal speaker position for this set-up?</font>

E

Eric

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>You didn’t mention if the speakers are toed-in. For optimal imaging you may want to toe-in the speakers a bit if they aren’t already

I assume you mean the side walls when you say that one speaker is 1 foot and the other 3 feet from the walls. This may not be such a great idea. I would attempt to make the distances from the side walls exactly the same. The speaker that is 1 foot away is probably interacting with the wall more than the one 3 feet away.

Another item is the speaker that is 1 foot from the side wall may overemphasize lower frequencies more than the one father away. This is why I try to get speaker far away from the side walls. It's fun to put a subwoofer in the corner though! Lots-O-bass &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
<font color='#000080'>6'-7' and avoiding toeing them in too far may result in a better soundstage than 10' apart... which I would say is borderline too far apart.</font>

D

drnick

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Thanks guy's for your quick response. &nbsp;I actually was estimating the distances but made the exact measurments today. &nbsp;Because of my equipment racks I have the choice of 5 foot (each side of the TV) or 9 foot (the other side of the equipment racks). &nbsp;What do think the better choice is, 5 ft. or 9 ft???
</font>

<font color='#000080'>Since you room is 13', the 9' should be OK. I'd try both, though. &nbsp;
</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis