G

<font color='#000000'>I am looking for a set of four identical speakers for my parents that will allow them to enjoy a lower end 5.1 system. &nbsp;What are considered good speakers for around $300 for a set of four? &nbsp;They need to be around 10&quot; high.
I'll be pushing them with low to moderate power (80 to 100 watts (50 or so continuous).

Lee</font>

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>Hi
Four speakers for a 5.1 system? you need 5 speaker+ the subwoofer &nbsp;mix and match speakers are not a good way to go either.That is a pretty low power receiver &nbsp;also
I would reccomend you look at the Klipsch Quintet system
with the KSW10 subwoofer &nbsp; &nbsp;They are Compac,Elegant
and very easy to drive as they have high sensitivity
They sound a lot bigger than they are with excellent dynamics needed for good HomeTheater

www.klipsch.com

look under &nbsp;home audio synergy system
Ray</font>

<font color='#000080'>I agree, matching 4 speakers to another-branded center channel would not be the best choice.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I also agree not to mix and match speaker brands regarding
5.1, 6.1, or 7.1 systems. Check out the Paradigm Cinema series for the best performance at an affordable price.

Hank</font>

L

littleb

Junior Audioholic
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
Guest : <font color='#000000'>I am looking for a set of four identical speakers for my parents that will allow them to enjoy a lower end 5.1 system.  What are considered good speakers for around $300 for a set of four?  They need to be around 10&quot; high.
I'll be pushing them with low to moderate power (80 to 100 watts (50 or so continuous).

Lee</font>
<font color='#000000'>Check out the Pioneer ISO series speakers. &nbsp;They are low end audiophile product. &nbsp;I have the sdf3k's, which is 17&quot; high. &nbsp;Check out the sdf2k or sdf1k. &nbsp;The sdf3k were rated #1 by CR. &nbsp;I have them and am satisfied. &nbsp;I don't think they are the best speaker, but they are a good, warm sounding speaker. &nbsp;A good value.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis