speakers and video problems?

K

Ketsueki

Audioholic Intern
my friend just finished air brushing my subwoofer box, and i had it sitting on my desk, and i noticed my monitors were going crazy, and it was sitting a good 4 feet away, i was wondering if having a sub sitting to close to some thing could damage it permanently, is there any one else out there that has experienced problems with there speakers that are not magnetically shielded next to other electronics, also is there any way i could fix this if its becomes a serious issue?

hyghwayman

hyghwayman

Audioholic
Look for the...

There should be a degause button that you can use to fix the monitors.

Hyghwayman

K

Ketsueki

Audioholic Intern
wow thanks for telling me that, i was starting to think my 2 view sonic moniters were toast, but im kind of wondering what would happen if you put a powered sub next to a TV, wouldnt it mess up your TV? or could the magnets possibly damage other electronics??

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
wow thanks for telling me that, i was starting to think my 2 view sonic moniters were toast, but im kind of wondering what would happen if you put a powered sub next to a TV, wouldnt it mess up your TV? or could the magnets possibly damage other electronics??
You don't want to put them next to CRT based monitors, CRT televisions, or CRT projection televisions. They can cause damage to CRT displays that is only repairable by a industrial strength Degauss device. CRT Monitors for computers have very good Degauss devices built into them, but that does not make it a good idea to place magnets near them or computers for that matter (risk to HDD or other magnetic storage devices).

Televisions also have a degauss. Televisions Degauss every time they are turned on, but the degauss supplied in most televisions isn't enough to recover from prolonged exposure to magnetic interference.

My advice, don't try putting them near CRTs and Computers, it is not a good idea to push the envelope.:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis