SpeakerCraft Aim-Ability vs Paradigm for Elevated Center

H

HowieWowie

Audiophyte
I'm a beginner so these questions my be simple for the more experienced people.

I'm configuring a 5.1 setup in a new home with in-wall LCR. I have to mount the C above the TV. The ceilings are 9ft. The floor is hardwood and the seating area is 11ft from the wall. The viewing area is one corner of an open concept space. The C will be 6.5ft above the floor. This is roughly 15deg above the listener. Two options have been suggested:

1 - The SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR5 Five because it is aimable and I could direct the C down at the sweet spot. I would use the LC5s for LCR and then a couple of their in ceilings for surrounds

2 - The Paradigm H55-LCR. It can't be aimed but apparently the sound field is well dispersed so even though its mounted above the TV and listener the center channel performance would be very good.

I have little experience with this issues so I have not way to judge which solution is better. I've searched the web for reviews on SpeakerCraft AIM series and can find very little. There are good reviews of the Paradigm's but I'm worried they won't deliver in my setup. Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated. Please and thanks!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Well, I'd love to be more help, but I haven't had time to install my speakers in my system.

I've got 3 Cinema Five for my LCR and 4 AIM LCR3 Five for my surrounds. Once I get them installed in the coming weeks I can give you more.

From what I've been able to gather so far the tweeter on the Five series is very good. Can't speak on mid-range yet since they've not been installed in the wall, but I've heard from a few sources that they are good speakers.

Can't speak on the Paradigm, but I'd go with something aim-able.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis