F

FMTaylor

Audiophyte
Have a 5.1 Surround System. Should the speaker wires all be exactly the same length?

Also, the Main Front Left and Right Speakers each have four terminals, while my Carver Amplifier only has two output connections. Should I make use of all four terminals on the back of the speakers and, if so, how? Or, should I just use any two terminals?

Thanks.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
1) No, it's not necessary that all wires be the same length. It won't affect the sound but it makes some people feel better.

2) Those terminals on the speakers should have jumpers conecting them. In such case you need only run one speaker cable. If the jumper is missing you can use a short strand of speaker cable to replace them.

F

FMTaylor

Audiophyte
Thank you! I will connect the other two terminals with jumpers. Will be a little more at ease over the speaker wire lengths. Thanks again.

Fred

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
WHOA!! Make sure the terminals are jumped properly. + hi/low jumped together and - hi/low jumped together.

F

FMTaylor

Audiophyte
Being the Novice that I am, I assume that means Red to Red and Black to Black? Correct?

Fred

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
That's correct, just wanted to make sure. Isn't color coding wonderful?

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
AVRat said:
That's correct, just wanted to make sure. Isn't color coding wonderful?
That was a great response. Some are not color coded. Good looking out.;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis