speaker wires and electrical wire

D

domiereavron

Enthusiast
What is the minimum distance you can run speaker wire from electrical wire. Also I was using 14 gauge speaker wire and ran out and was wondering if I could finish using some 12 guage speaker wire for the center speaker only. What would happen or nothing from switching the speaker wire guage for the center speaker.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
What is the minimum distance you can run speaker wire from electrical wire. Also I was using 14 gauge speaker wire and ran out and was wondering if I could finish using some 12 guage speaker wire for the center speaker only. What would happen or nothing from switching the speaker wire guage for the center speaker.
Nothing will happen:D Mix to your heart's content:D
Run it about a foot from the 120v line, cheap insurance, if you can do it.

D

domiereavron

Enthusiast
easily have everything one foot away, even the coax is one foot away and network and one cord is all one foot away from eachother

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
Some believe in not having speaker wires in parallel to electrical wire so if you can avoid that or stay away a foot or so. I have lowered my overall noise floor by avoiding this wire issue.

D

domiereavron

Enthusiast
well the speaker wire is only runs parellel only for about a foot and it is about a foot away. Makes things hard when you run an ethernet connection for each room and phone for each room and cable for each room and speakers for 2 of the rooms. It is going to be nice :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis