Speaker wattage lose

P

Pooky373

Audiophyte
I have two Bose Freespace 360p outdoor speakers. One is about 20 feet from receiver, the other 80 feet. I used 14/2 wire. They are 4ohm speakers. I’m using an older Denon receiver pushing 125W per channel. The farthest noticeably has lower volume and less base. Do you think using 12/2 wire for that one would make any difference? I really wanted this speaker on the other side of my pool. Or should I keep the same wire and move it closer to the receiver? Or do I need a commercial 4ohm amp to power these things?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Does the speaker with more bass have walls or boundaries by it?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hard to know how you measured but sounds a bit extreme difference for the circumstance. Just adjust channel balance would be easier if anything.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
A 12/2 wire wouldn''t make much difference in my opinion. Maybe one of the amps is not properly working. I suggest that you switch the speakers on your Denon receiver and see if there's a problem.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have two Bose Freespace 360p outdoor speakers. One is about 20 feet from receiver, the other 80 feet. I used 14/2 wire. They are 4ohm speakers. I’m using an older Denon receiver pushing 125W per channel. The farthest noticeably has lower volume and less base. Do you think using 12/2 wire for that one would make any difference? I really wanted this speaker on the other side of my pool. Or should I keep the same wire and move it closer to the receiver? Or do I need a commercial 4ohm amp to power these things?
The distance from each speaker is equal and this is happening? As mentioned, a boundary for one and not the other WILL cause this to some degree.

I would disconnect the speakers from thee receiver and use a multimeter to check the resistance on both speaker leads AT the amplifier. If you see more than just a small difference, find out why. You can also put the far speaker where the near one is and vise-versa- if the same one is still lower in volume, it has a problem.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis