M

mexicanzero

Audioholic Intern
My parents own a pair of accusound 12 inch loudspeakers. They are awesome!!! The problem is they're over 10 years old and my family likes loud heavy music so they've been abused. Whenever the bass is turned up a vibrating sound comes from both 12 inch drivers but i have opened them up with my limited knowlge of electronics and havent found anything loose. Whats the problem? Can it be fixed? In any case can anyone recommen new speakers? These are in a 2 channel system with no subwoofer being powered by a 10 year old pioneer amp that said it had 90 watts per channel. Naturally since there isn't a subwoofer I want speakers with good bass and low frequency extension. Price isnt a huge concern since my parents will be buying :p but no more than 1000-2000 dollars would be preferable.

thanx a bunch

-Alex

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
B&W 604

Here's another option from B&W for aprox $1,400.
On paper it looks like those Klipsch would be pretty hard to beat though.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I would second the energy veritas 2.4's.

Not only do they have an amazing bass response, they with kill all the others in midrange and treble. I have campared those to totems that cost 4 to 5 thousand, and they killed them. They need break in for the best bass, but its well worth it.

All the choices are great, but if I was spending the money, I'd go Energy.

sheep

M

mexicanzero

Audioholic Intern
ops

I forgot about this thread!! Thanx for the recommendations I think we're going to end up with Energy because of availability and sound. But were still looking and if my diy project goes well i might just build another pair. Who knows.
but thanx for all this

-Alex

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis