Speaker upgrade for Pioneer Elite vsx49txi

R

Railwayman

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Looking to upgrade my speakers, my reciever is the Pioneer Elite vsx49txi, what speakers would match that reciever best.</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>Sweet receiver!

I would say to do some listening. How much are you willing to spend? There are many great speaker choices at many different levels of price, size, &amp; sound characteristics! Everyone here will have their favorite.

If you can tell us room size, how many, &amp; about how much. I am sure you will be flooded with great ideas! &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Railwayman

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>My room is 12'x26' Im looking to spend around 3k for fronts and center.</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>A couple of these:
And one of  these:

$2038.00 plus shipping.
$962.00 left for a sub!
</font>

R

Railwayman

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Qls-830 and Qls-300 are both 4 ohm speakers, the 49txi is design to drive speakers that are between 6 and 16 ohms, would this be an issue.</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>It should be ok. Just make sure it has plenty of room to vent. If it shuts down, just don't turn it up to that point. BTW, This would be a very loud point. I had them on my Yamaha 1400 for a while, &amp; it never cut off. You could email Pioneer with the question. Or you could ask Hawke or Gene here. You could also call Yawa. They are very helpful!  
</font>

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

<font color='#000000'>Hey to make things a little more simple try buying speakers matching the impedence of your receiver. Then you won't have to buy an amplifier to push them. If I remember correctly the MB quarts aren't that efficient, so in addition to the 4 ohm rating their lower efficiency may require external amplification (which costs more money).

Sorry Zumbo, telling someone to becareful with the volume is not good advice.

I would say audition as many different speakers as you can. There are so many choices available you'd be silly not to.</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>To drive any high quality speaker to it's FULL potential requires an amp. Also, a poorly designed 8ohm speaker could put more of a strain on a receiver than a well designed 4ohm speaker. You can read this on Audioholics.com. I had 8ohm Cerwin Vegas on an Onkyo that cut off all the time. I did state that the Quarts did not shut my receiver down. And I doubt it will shut his down. You have to have the volume at ear bleeding levels. I am sure most here are not 12 triying to see how loud it will go. The MB Quarts are not very well known because the money is spent on the product &amp; not marketing. These are some of the best sounding speakers you will ever hear. And, if a receiver goes into protection mode for a moment, telling someone not to turn volume above that point is very good information. If you were to continue shutting the receiver down, it might not come back on. But my Onkyo is still kicking.  
</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>read this:

Written by Gene who is an electrical engineer. So tell him &quot;watching the volume level&quot; is bad information!
</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>Here is more interesting information.

Efficiency rating - the loudspeaker parameter that shows the level of sound output when measured at a prescribed distance with a standard level of electrical energy fed into the speaker (usually recorded as XdB @ 2.83V input signal from 1 meter of distance. However, a driver with a high efficiency rating needs a larger box to play a lower frequency than a driver with a lower efficiency rating</font>

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
zumbo : <font color='#000000'>It should be ok. Just make sure it has plenty of room to vent. If it shuts down, just don't turn it up to that point.</font>
<font color='#000000'>Zumbo,

Sorry if I sounded like MB Quart are bad speakers. This is the statement I didn't agree with. I have heard MB Quart speakers and they do sound very good especially with sufficient amount of power. Even you cannot argue with that!

</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>I understood what you said, that is why I listed my source for the information I gave. If you click on &quot;read this&quot; two post up you will see where that information came from. Also, I know that if people have heard these speakers, they know how great they sound. That part of the response was for Railwayman, just incase he might have took it that way!</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis