speaker suggestions

leeb

leeb

Junior Audioholic
Ok, thank you guys for all the input. I just purchased a denon avr e400 amp. Still waiting on it to arrive. I have about 300 to 400 more dollars to spend. Trying to figure out a speaker purchase. I can add more as I work. Im wanting it for surround sound and some music play as well. I dont care about brand name as much. Mark I think you suggested bic america rtr 15 standing floor speakers for the thump I wanted...lol Im just curious could could I just buy a bic america fj 12 powered sub since it has a pre amp sub port? I think its 475 w. Then just use some good quality surround sound speakers with that?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
That would work.

I have one and it works well in my humble system but, then again, I don't really know exactly what you consider "thump". For some people, "thump" extends a bit higher in the frequency range than a subwoofer can handle. Subs only handle the lowest of lows. Mids ands upper bass, not so much.

Likewise, a lot depends on how much "thump" you want. It will give you a decent amount of lows but I doubt it'll rival a full-blown club experience for sheer volume of "thump"

Last edited:
leeb

leeb

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for all the advice. My living room is only about 14x16. Would those bic rtr 15's + f-12 sub and those infinity be a good combo with movie sound too? Or should I just go with just the sub or just the standing rtr's? I know its a bit more money

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I don't think you will need a sub if you get those two big mutha BIC RTR-1530 speakers. Those alone should get you evicted.

But, for my use, that sub and a setup of "normal" sized speakers does me fine. Those big muthas would have too much "thump" for my taste.

Last edited:
leeb

leeb

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for all the input guys! I still can't make my mind up...lol Anyone know where I could hear a bic-f12 in person?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for all the input guys! I still can't make my mind up...lol Anyone know where I could hear a bic-f12 in person?
You don't need to hear it. Call Acoustic Sound Design and ask for the usual 15% off discount. That would bring the price down to about $170 delivered.

http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/core/view_BigProduct.cfm?PID=3973

It's not going to be as great as $500+ subs from Rythmik, SVS, HSU, etc., but for $170, you really can't do better:D

Last edited:
leeb

leeb

Junior Audioholic
Can I thread my tv cable directly on my denon reciever or is that just for fm?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Last edited by a moderator:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Good find on A4L. Optical transmits only audio. HDMI transmits audio and video. Do you have analog cable service or digital? Does your cable service provider provide a cable box or DVR?

leeb

leeb

Junior Audioholic
Thanks, actually someone on here suggested it. Lol Its digital, but no box. I got a box for a older tv so it will work, but its just powerd with on coaxial going in and coaxial going out to my tv. No place for hdmi to plug up. And no dvr rojo. My new tv dosent require the box since it picks up digital signals on the scan

leeb

leeb

Junior Audioholic
Amazon.com: Bic America FH-65B Bookshelf Speakers 350 Watt 6.5IN 2 Way (each): Electronics

http://www.amazon.com/BIC-America-FH6-LCR-6-5-Inch-Frequency/dp/B0015A8Y3E/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1395431774&sr=1-2&keywords=bic+center+channel+speake

Amazon.com: BIC America F12 12-Inch 475-Watt Front Firing Powered Subwoofer: Electronics

I just odered the bic f12 sub. And a pair of bic 6.5" formula bookshelf speakers with the matching center speaker as well. Need 2 more speakers... humm?? Any suggestions with what I have so far? Would these speakers make good mains? What kind of sub connector do I need?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis