Speaker/receiver Recommendations

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
On my Sony receiver there was an actual toggle switch in the back to go between 8 and 4 ohms and in the manual it said that if any speaker in the system was rated below 8 ohms then the receiver should be set for 4 ohms. I get my new Marantz Monday evening so I don't know if its manual makes any suggestions as to what to do regarding ohms yet.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Takeereasy said:
On my Sony receiver there was an actual toggle switch in the back to go between 8 and 4 ohms and in the manual it said that if any speaker in the system was rated below 8 ohms then the receiver should be set for 4 ohms. I get my new Marantz Monday evening so I don't know if its manual makes any suggestions as to what to do regarding ohms yet.
.....thanks, Takeereasy.....

A

ARNOLD1305

Enthusiast
I will have the option of digital audio between the dvd player and the receiver,

what are the pros/cons of coax versus fiber optics ?

R

rumble

Audioholic
ARNOLD1305 said:
I will have the option of digital audio between the dvd player and the receiver,

what are the pros/cons of coax versus fiber optics ?
Both will work the same. A digital stream of data looks the same coming out of either one.

In theory the optical connection would be immune from electrical interference. In practice, if you are getting electrical interference on a digital coaxial interconnect then you probably have a lot of other problems to deal with.

Both kinds of connections are supplied on receivers so they can handle different sources that only have a single optical or coax output.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis