G

Gibransound

Audiophyte
Hello All,
I have a question about my home theater. I currently have boston acoustics speakers. My question stems from the movie "Lost in Translation". When I watch it at home, there is a scene in the beginning with Bill Murray in the bar smoking a cigar. In the background the lady in red is singing and there are also the subtle conversations of everybody going on in the bar as well. However, the lady's voice seems to be like she is singing in a box. It sounds like her microphone is echoing her voice throughout the bar. Now when I listen to this at my friend's house with his surround her voice seems a lot more upfront. I checked my center speaker and her voice comes out very clear and up front but it is my left and right speakers that make it sound like she's a little detached. Is this a purposeful effect? Afterall it does sound like I am in the bar with a lady singing (you know with that sound from the mike) or is this a defect? When playing a female vocalist CD however, there is no such issue. Sorry for the length!!!

Last edited:
WorkerBee

WorkerBee

Junior Audioholic
Everyones stuff probably sounds different because of different electronics and even the rooms are different.

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
It may have to do with the speaker levels of the center channel and mains being different in each of your systems. Have either you or your friend calibrated the channel levels of your system within 1 db or so? Also as suggested room acoustics, speaker differences, and various other receiver settings could be accounting for the differences you here as well.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis