J

jamiller5566

Audiophyte
Hello! I just got a used 2 Klipsch RF-25 and a Denon AVR-3802 and am trying to connect them to my Onebyone record player and I'm having some issues. When I turn it all on you can barely hear the music but it's all crackling and soft. The Onebyone has an RCA output that you can change from line and phono that I have running to the Denon. I've tried some different RCA ports on the Denon including the phono which produces sound but causes the problem i described And some others that don't make much to any difference even with line. I also have 16 AWG wires with banana plugs connecting the Denon to the speakers. Not sure if I should just check all my wiring or if im missing something since this is my first time. lots of pics for reference
20240915_131659.jpg
20240915_131711.jpg
20240915_131736.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello! I just got a used 2 Klipsch RF-25 and a Denon AVR-3802 and am trying to connect them to my Onebyone record player and I'm having some issues. When I turn it all on you can barely hear the music but it's all crackling and soft. The Onebyone has an RCA output that you can change from line and phono that I have running to the Denon. I've tried some different RCA ports on the Denon including the phono which produces sound but causes the problem i described And some others that don't make much to any difference even with line. I also have 16 AWG wires with banana plugs connecting the Denon to the speakers. Not sure if I should just check all my wiring or if im missing something since this is my first time. lots of pics for reference View attachment 69481View attachment 69482View attachment 69483

If the turntable is set to phono then you connect to the phono input. If you set it to line, then you need an RCA line input like Aux.

If neither work then either the turntable is faulty or the receiver is. Try the receiver with something else. That receiver is over 20 years old. Receivers are not known to be long lived and the most likely issue is that the receiver is a dud.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
On the speaker pictured you don't have the connecting/shorting bar in place on the "red" terminals

May not make a difference but what model record player is it and with what cartridge? Like TLS says on the settings on the tt for appropriate connections.

J

jamiller5566

Audiophyte
On the speaker pictured you don't have the connecting/shorting bar in place on the "red" terminals

May not make a difference but what model record player is it and with what cartridge? Like TLS says on the settings on the tt for appropriate connections.
that fixed it! thank you so much! love how they sound!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis