D

duff

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>Has anyone been able to do a direct comparison of any of these speakers?  I'm looking at mid sized floorstanders, specifically the Axiom M60, Paradigm Studio/60, and Monitor Silver S6 or S8 (depending on prices - I haven't found any good pricing info on those yet - but they seem inexpensive considering how good they're supposed to be).  I can't find a place that carries them all.  

Then I would build a 5 speaker setup around the stereo towers.

Audioholics promised reviews of Axiom and Paradigm HT setups back in September but I've seen nothing  (save the existing reviews of older models)
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jack Dotson

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>I had a pair of the Axiom M-80 shipped to me for an audition, but they didn't work well for me. &nbsp;I auditioned the entire Paradigm Studio line just last week and they are very good indeed for the money, but if your looking at the Studio 60's and are going to be using this system for HT you will need a sub for sure. &nbsp;One speaker that you didn't mention that is also in this same line/price range are the PSB Stratus Bronze's. &nbsp;Depends on what sound your looking for. &nbsp;Both the Axiom and Paradigm are a little brighter and nuetural sounding than the PSB's, but the PSB's are very smooth, have a deeper bass and a huge soundstage. &nbsp;BTW, all 3 take good amplification and a very hefty receiver or seperate power amp is a must.</font>

<font color='#000000'>We'll be reviewing the Axiom's M80ti's next month (actually their full Epic 80 system), and Paradigm reviews should be forthcoming as well...</font>

D

duff

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>I ended up getting the Axiom M60s.  The Monitors were nice, but a bit too buttery.  I was looking for bright, open, and neutral, and both the Paradigm and Axioms seemed to fit the bill.  I never got to demo the PSBs.  

As I could not find any place in the US or Canada that carried both brands, I couldn't really discern which was better.  The Paradigm seemed a tad richer and therefore better IMO, but that might even have been a subconscious (and faulty) association between price and quality.  Or it could have been the amps, the stores, anything.  Besides, the Paradigms cost about twice as much as the Axioms.  I don't think they're &quot;twice as good.&quot;

I also got a Denon 1803 and I'm happy with that.  Pretty solid piece.

I'm anxious to read the upcoming review on the dueling Canadian systems.</font>

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
<font color='#000000'>This is my 1st post on this site;

I would like to expand this paradigm/axiom test to include all the Canadian speakers. I would like to target &nbsp;the midrange series of all maufactures within a certain cost range. Speakers I would like to see reviewed are PSB (sorry, I prefer them to Paradigm) PMC, Totem, Mirage, Energy, Athena.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>hello,

i have PMC FB 1 and can tell you that they are very neutral,  clean, they totally dissappear and great bass extension.

the only negative is that of the aluminum tweeter... sometimes lacks smoothness.

i used to have nuance speakers so this was a big upgrade,
from here i think i need to spend big bucks for nominal gain.

if anyone has any upgrade suggestions let me know.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>sorry to drag you guys downmarket, but has anyone heard the new monitor audio bronze series? &nbsp;i'm interested in the floorstander (b4) but haven't found any reviews anywhere... &nbsp;the older bronze series was very well recd so i am considering them. &nbsp;unfortunately, there's no dealer in my city - so will have to wait a while for an audition &nbsp;

comparisons with the heybrook hb4 and the b&amp;w 602 S3 would be most welcome!

thanks!</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis