Speaker Cable and tri-wireable??

J

Jwheel

Audioholic
I have just purchased a Definitive Technology Center channel (CLR 3000). The guys at my electronic store tried to sell me this Z something monster cable for it that was $170.00. I'm not paying that for a speaker cable.

My question is, what would be a good cable for this speaker. It is a tri-wireable speaker and I don't even know what that means. Any advice?

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
Forget the Monster

Forget the monster cable...any cable of quality will be just fine, something from AR, Blue Jeans, Dayton Audio, Impact Acustic, or you can even make your own! :D Also there is no need to Tri-wire them, unless you have 3 extra amps to power them :eek:

J

Jwheel

Audioholic
Thanks for the quick reply!! I'm glad I didn't waste the money on that cable!! I can't believe how outrageous Monster Cable prices are!

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
If you feel like an adventure...

You can buy some bulk wire and make your own cables and then you can have the pride of saying you made them!

J

Jwheel

Audioholic
I plan on making some this weekend, thanks for the advice.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Jwheel said:
Thanks for the quick reply!! I'm glad I didn't waste the money on that cable!! I can't believe how outrageous Monster Cable prices are!

How do you think Monster got so rich from cables? :D

They spent millions just to have their name on a baseball stadium in SF. It didn't fall out of the sky :p

W

warnerwh

Full Audioholic
mtrycrafts said:
How do you think Monster got so rich from cables? :D

They spent millions just to have their name on a baseball stadium in SF. It didn't fall out of the sky :p
Do you have empirical evidence of where Monster's riches came from?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
warnerwh said:
Do you have empirical evidence of where Monster's riches came from?

Are they in another business besides audio wires? Really?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis