Speaker box filler ? Foam Or Polly Fill. Or RockWool Safe"n"Sound Isulation

annunaki

annunaki

Yes, I have lined both speaker enclosures and subwoofer enclosures with Rock-wool. It works really well in such applications and asbsorbs sound significantly better than poly-fil or other types of materials.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Question- I was considering replacing the poly-fil in my F30's with this. Should I replace it at a 1:1 ratio, or use more/less than the OEM amount of poly?

Here's the manual. The cutaway is on the next to last page. The interior above the port is impossible to reach from the woofer opening, and I'm pretty sure I didn't see any stuffing up there anyway.

annunaki

annunaki

What are you hoping to accomplish by doing this to an OEM speaker? What don’t you like about your current speakers that you believe this would help?

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

What are you hoping to accomplish by doing this to an OEM speaker? What don’t you like about your current speakers that you believe this would help?
Nothing, I have just heard that the other stuff is better. If there's no gain it's not a big deal.

annunaki

annunaki

I am not sure you are going to notice much of anything unless your are already noticing something that should not be there. Most well engineered products have the proper amount of stuffing etc. factored into the design.

If you want to try it go ahead, I don’t think there is any harm in doing so. Simply save whatever you remove so you can put it back if needed.

Would you be taking any measurements before/after to help confirm a net positive change?

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
I am not sure you are going to notice much of anything unless your are already noticing something that should not be there. Most well engineered products have the proper amount of stuffing etc. factored into the design.

If you want to try it go ahead, I don’t think there is any harm in doing so. Simply save whatever you remove so you can put it back if needed.

Would you be taking any measurements before/after to help confirm a net positive change?
This is building a speaker kit with a box with out filling . Why buy stuffing when I have rock wool already ? DIY from scratch

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

This is building a speaker kit with a box with out filling . Why buy stuffing when I have rock wool already ? DIY from scratch
He was replying to me. I'm terrible about fixing stuff that isn't broken. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis