speaker advice book shelf or on wall

S

Steve M

Junior Audioholic
narrowed down so far to emp w35 on wall i found , and add sub .OR RBH Mc- 6aw and add sub if needed

Listen to some B&W and martin logens yesterday
The $1k B&W I liked but too big for where i have to mount
Martin logans , The expensive ones sounded great up louder but not good low levels the cheaper ML ones seemed better but i think a little to bright for the small area

Hooked up old JBL control la book shelf speakers that have been outside for 10 years on patio to get an indication of how things will sound that area

Those did well and are ported out the front to mount flush and they provide bass batter than expected
Almost no need for sub but i am a bassaholic and I am looking for higher end clarity and wife said they are a little brite , i agree and i like brite speakers

Area is 12x12 area with one open wall on to room where big kid speakers are
if I put speakers at ear levels , seems more in your face sitting at bar . up higher not as brite or in your face
was told totem dream catchers would be perfect but they are also to large to mount

any recommendations

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
EMP and RBH should both do well, they are the same company at this point anyway, so you might as well flip a coin there. Brightness can be toned down by equalization.

S

Steve M

Junior Audioholic
I pulled trigger on emp w35 for bar, and John at RBH gave me a deal on both and one i could not pass up on a set of w 25 for rear surrounds for zone 1
If I do not like them , I can find a use for any of them and try something new , This has been long over a year expensive remodel and now extended with all this audio video gear stuff , just want it wired and done
As long as wires in place and got right pre amps and amps , I can always change speakers later ,Then its fun to try new stuff but just want it over with and functional with for now and thanks for all your help help

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis