SPDIF Output only; how can I record from tv tuner (PCI) ?

P

popm8

Enthusiast
Hi.
I need help ;
I have 1 SPDIF output (soundstorm ;abit nf7-s) connected to a panasonic xr-55 with an optical cable
A Leadtek tv tuner (pci) with 1 analog-out and 1 analog-in

The tvtuner is conected to the receiver via jack(analog out) -> 2 RCA (LR)

The problem is I cannot hear any sound when recording from tvtuner

There is no DIGITAL IN on my PC ...

What can I do ??? Is it posible to solve the problem ?

T

Tritonman

Junior Audioholic
popm8 said:
Hi.
I need help ;
I have 1 SPDIF output (soundstorm ;abit nf7-s) connected to a panasonic xr-55 with an optical cable
A Leadtek tv tuner (pci) with 1 analog-out and 1 analog-in

The tvtuner is conected to the receiver via jack(analog out) -> 2 RCA (LR)

The problem is I cannot hear any sound when recording from tvtuner

There is no DIGITAL IN on my PC ...

What can I do ??? Is it posible to solve the problem ?
Short of getting some type of digital to analog converter then using the analog inputs of your sound card. OR purchasing a new sound card that meets your input/output needs..than no.

If you go the analog input method then you will not acheive your digital recording. There are plenty of other sound cards out there that have numerous outputs and inputs to meet your needs. Some can be had for quite a reasonable price.

P

popm8

Enthusiast
OK.
I understand.

But I like very much soundstorm/SPDIF because the sound is clear , no noise etc ; I don't know what to do

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
popm,
You show using an analog audio connection (L/R) from the tv tuner card to the receiver but then also have a digital connection from the soundcard to the receiver. So where does the video come from? Does that tuner card require a separate audio connection to the soundcard?

I'm sure the Panny receiver is like most other receivers and will not record audio from a digital input to an analog output. If you do have analog audio from the tuner card to the receiver then that should be sufficient to record the audio. The problem could then be that because you have the digital connection also (assigned to the same input as the analog connection) the receiver is choosing the digital connection and won't record that. Try removing the digital connection or setting the receiver to analog.

P

popm8

Enthusiast
*The video comes from tvtuner directly to my monitor

I'm trying to explain more clearly

When using ONLY analog outputs/inputs everything is OK (the receiver would not be used)

1. Tvtuner (analog line out) -> sound card (analog line in) -> soundcard (analog line out) -> speakers/headphones

http://www.pr114.co.kr/d-images/abit_nf7_ii_0004.jpg

When using digital out(spdif) I cannot connect my tvtuner to the soundcard in order to RECORD the sound

1. SPDIF (line out) -> receiver (SPDIF in ) -> speakers/headphones
2. tvtuner (analog line out) -> receiver (analog AUX) -> speakers/headphones

Is there any posibility ?

T

Tritonman

Junior Audioholic
popm8 said:
OK.
I understand.

But I like very much soundstorm/SPDIF because the sound is clear , no noise etc ; I don't know what to do
You can get an external or internal soundcard that will be far superior than the onboard Soundstorm..not that the soundstorm is bad by any means. I personally use this one..

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FireWire410-main.html

While it is quite expensive..and plus i use it for musical recording..it is far superior than any onboard audio. M-Audio also has pci audio options that will make your life alot easier.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis