Soundbar...I can't believe I'm looking at them

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I can no longer tolerate the crappy sound coming from the ceiling speakers and TV speakers in my trailer. It just sucks sooo bad. I've started looking at soundbars as I have little space available nor the budget to pull off yet another system. I went to Costco and I looked at the Vizio and Samsung offerings in the $300 range. Both sounded far better than what I'm dealing with now.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
You can't even fit 2 bookshelves and a sub?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
Yamaha makes a decent sound bar. If space is at a premium the yas 108 comes without a sub

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
You can't even fit 2 bookshelves and a sub?
Yeah, I was wondering that you didn't have a music system for your trailer.
Of course, I have no idea how much trailer we are talking!
I set my daughter up with Edifier stereo speakers (she didn't want a real system. However, if I had it to do again, I would probably go for one of these!
https://www.amazon.com/Edifier-Bookshelf-Subwoofer-Bluetooth-Wireless/dp/B077Y6PHKQ
The two different Edifier speakers I have heard were very good for the price as was the one that Gene reviewed. so I am assuming their other stuff is also.

S

shkumar4963

Audioholic
I bought the JBL 305. Would not recommend it to anyone. The input is designed for pro gear and so the regular aux out from home equipment can not drive it sufficiently loud. Stay away.

S

shkumar4963

Audioholic
Yeah, I was wondering that you didn't have a music system for your trailer.
Of course, I have no idea how much trailer we are talking!
I set my daughter up with Edifier stereo speakers (she didn't want a real system. However, if I had it to do again, I would probably go for one of these!
https://www.amazon.com/Edifier-Bookshelf-Subwoofer-Bluetooth-Wireless/dp/B077Y6PHKQ
The two different Edifier speakers I have heard were very good for the price as was the one that Gene reviewed. so I am assuming their other stuff is also.
Among all recommendations, this sound the best to me.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I bought the JBL 305. Would not recommend it to anyone. The input is designed for pro gear and so the regular aux out from home equipment can not drive it sufficiently loud. Stay away.
It has settings to accomodate both home and pro gear for input. I use mine with home gear. Just needed to build an rca to xlr cable set for it. What were you using for setting and what pre-amp? TV may be questionable as to sufficient output level, tho....

PS never mind, you said aux out, that's probably a bit low for most amps.

Last edited:
S

shkumar4963

Audioholic
It has settings to accomodate both home and pro gear for input. I use mine with home gear. Just needed to build an rca to xlr cable set for it. What were you using for setting and what pre-amp? TV may be questionable as to sufficient output level, tho....

PS never mind, you said aux out, that's probably a bit low for most amps.
Yes. That is why soundbar will work much better as it can be driven by any aux out or TV out.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Dont take JBL soundbars right now. 3 New ones will be out really soon with new features and acoustic beam technology. Wait for new soundbars to come out, they are on the way
https://www.cnet.com/news/jbl-unveils-a-trio-of-sound-bars-at-ifa-2019/

https://www.jbl.com/soundbars/Bar+2.1+Deep+Bass.html?cgid=soundbars&dwvar_Bar 2.1 Deep Bass_color=Black--Current
And a new 5.1 i just cant find official link, go for that one, black friday not too away.
If it was for me i wound take the 5.1 acoustic beam in a good price.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I can no longer tolerate the crappy sound coming from the ceiling speakers and TV speakers in my trailer. It just sucks sooo bad. I've started looking at soundbars as I have little space available nor the budget to pull off yet another system. I went to Costco and I looked at the Vizio and Samsung offerings in the $300 range. Both sounded far better than what I'm dealing with now.
The Golden Ear sound bar (super cinema XL) is very good for what it is...from my demo experience, with a sub it can rival some book shelf / sub combos, but it's expensive....more than many book shelf/sub combos...the soundbar alone is $1600 rack rate and can go as high as $2600 with the 12" sub!

And it's still just a sound bar.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I guess I'm going to have to post a pic of the location. This is a travel trailer so there isn't all that much room for speakers let alone an AVR and a sub.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I guess I'm going to have to post a pic of the location. This is a travel trailer so there isn't all that much room for speakers let alone an AVR and a sub.
Might include the tv info for spec....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis