Soundbar echoing effect

E

edmikulski

Audioholic Intern
I have a Samsung 6300 series LED tv. It connects via optical cable to a Sony 100 series soundbar system. When I play through the soundbar, there is an echo effect that is quite noticeable when other tv's in the house are playing. I "suspect" the Sony has a processor of sorts, that is causing the delay in sound. Samsung makes a 450 series soundbar, which appears to be nothing more than an external speaker system (i.e. no processor). I'm wondering if I spring the $300 for the Samsung bar, my troubles might go away. Since I am only a novice, any suggestions would be gladly accepted.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
So when you have more than 1 TV going with the same source you get an echo? This is quite common and can happen even if you don't use any external sound processing. I'm not exactly sure what you are asking or what you are trying to attain.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
This really has nothing to do with your sound bar. I have sets in several rooms and I turn them all on to the same channel I get the same thing. It is just the lag in time between the sets. My advice would be don't have more than one set on at a time. This will also save on your electric bill:)

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
If I have the volume from the TV on and the and the sound sytem at the same time I get an echo effect also, I think that's common. Nothing wrong with your soundbar.

E

edmikulski

Audioholic Intern
ecohing

Previous to this tv, I had a Samsung LCD tv, with absolutely no echoing issues. Problem just started with the new LED model. The ecohing is so bad, can't listen to any other than the LCD tv with the Soundbar in action. Without it (Soundbar), tv's all sync together in sound.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
This is quite common and the answer is simple: you can't listen to the TV audio and the surround bar at the same time. I have the same issue when listening to my system when I forget to turn the TV down first. There really isn't a need to have them both going at the same time anyway.

E

edmikulski

Audioholic Intern
Thanks all for the responses. Good to know I'm not the only one out here with this situation.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis