Sound United (Marantz, Denon, DefTech, Polk) to Increase Prices on Jan 1, 2022

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just got an email that SU will be increasing their prices starting Jan 1, 2022 for all orders placed in Dec 2021 and starting Feb 1, 2022 for all orders placed before Dec 2021.

Any BACKORDERS placed before Dec 2021 that will be shipped after Feb 1 will have this price increase; if they ship before Feb 1, they will keep the OLD prices.

Any backorders placed in Dec 2021 that will be shipped after Jan 1 will have this price increase; if they ship before Jan 1, they will keep the old prices.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Andrew!! Wassup! Broski cheese slice!! Was wondering where you was at, big old Friday! I know you off this weekend.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Not surprising. Hopefully they won’t be obscene and prohibitive.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Andrew!! Wassup! Broski cheese slice!! Was wondering where you was at, big old Friday! I know you off this weekend.
Hospital been packed with record-high number of patients, so busy busy! :D

Yeah, can't wait for Friday - will be off this weekend! Been a darn busy week. :(

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Not surprising. Hopefully they won’t be obscene and prohibitive.
IIRC, SU already increased the prices this year (or was it last year?:D) by $100-$200.

So I bet it will be another $100-$200 in 2022.

Something tells me Yamaha and everyone else are doing the same - increasing prices every year. :(

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Ya the sweet point in recent years was buying a close out model for half price when a new model is being released. We haven’t seen enough inventory for that situation lately.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
That's how I did the SR6012. The 5012 was my budget and one day I logged into Amazon and saw the price drops. I didn't know that it was part of the cycle. But I jumped on the 6012 which was now less than I budgeted for the 5012 at MSRP. :D
I was going to buy the 3600 last year when the 3700 released, but the system was already breaking down and there was a very small window I missed where the price drop and availability overlapped. Availability vanished, then the prices went up. *shrugs

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
That's how I did the SR6012. The 5012 was my budget and one day I logged into Amazon and saw the price drops. I didn't know that it was part of the cycle. But I jumped on the 6012 which was now less than I budgeted for the 5012 at MSRP. :D
I was going to buy the 3600 last year when the 3700 released, but the system was already breaking down and there was a very small window I missed where the price drop and availability overlapped. Availability vanished, then the prices went up. *shrugs
Ya when gear is half off it’s easy to buy stuff constantly.. I won’t be buying much at full price or very often.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
They got to make up that money lost while their product sat idle in all those cargo ships...:rolleyes:

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Unless, you find a cool Dealer that smashes high prices! :D

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Ya the sweet point in recent years was buying a close out model for half price when a new model is being released. We haven’t seen enough inventory for that situation lately.
When I look at prices today, compared to when I bought the previous year models for a 4400 ($900) and a 3500 ($550), it's a tough buy nowadays!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis