S

Sean Burke

Audiophyte
I recently bought a Sony Bravia Smart TV. The remote has a Netflix button. I had an old JVC receiver that still had good sound but was obselete. I was able to purchase on points a Yamaha RX-V477. I hooked it up as per the instructions. HDMI 1 in from DVD HDMI 2 in from cable box and HDMI out to TV. Everything works fine but when I try to get Netflix if I use it on HDMI 1 there is no sound through speakers if I put it on HDMI 2 I get the TV sound through the speakers, so for now I have to listen to Netflix through the TV itself. Any ideas on different hookup configurations or different settings that could cure this?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Jsut so I understand this, Neflix is an app from the Sony? If this is the case, you haven't connected audio from the Sony to your receiver. When using Neftlix, your Sony display becomes an audio source and that needs to get routed to the AVR. Connect one more HDMI cable from the display to HDMI3 to get the sound. If that doesn't work, use either the coax audio out from the display to (AV2 input) or optical out (AV1 input) on the AVR.

S

Sean Burke

Audiophyte
Thank you. I have an extra HDMI cable so I will try that tonight.

S

Sean Burke

Audiophyte
Tried connecting Sony back to HDMI 3 on back of receiver and it didn't work :(. Netflix is not a Sony app though I just happen to have a shortcut button on my TV remote. The app streams from my network because The TV has wireless capability. Maybe it's something in the settings I need to tweak??

B

barefootbob

Audiophyte
Is the HDMI cable connected to your TV's ARC HDMI?

S

Sean Burke

Audiophyte
Hi barefoot Bob. I see that the owner's manual also mentions ARC. I will look on my TV and see if I can see which HDMI that is and hook it up there. Thanks.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Hi barefoot Bob. I see that the owner's manual also mentions ARC. I will look on my TV and see if I can see which HDMI that is and hook it up there. Thanks.
How's it going? Did you get it to work?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Still not working :(
Lets try somethjing other than HDMI. Do you have a coax or toslink out on the TV. If so, connect it to one of the inputs on the AVR and change the input on the reciever to that input and see if you get sound. I think its just a wonky connection problem or a menu setup problem on the TV or AVR.

D

djsa4

Audiophyte
The setting for ARC needs to be turned on, I'm going from memory here but it should be in settings or preferences on the tv. My Bravia was a PITA to set up,.

Sent from my iPhone using The gerbil that runs my mind

S

Sean Burke

Audiophyte
I have set the ARC to work on the receiver but didn't look for ARC settings on my TV. I'll check tonight thanks.

S

Sean Burke

Audiophyte
Not yet but to be honest I had company this weekend and have not tried a couple of suggestions yet.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis