PatKen

PatKen

Audioholic Intern
I have a z5500 5.1 speaker kit form Logitech. So far i am very happy with the product, but i can hear a buzzing of humming in the speaker. I have a sound example of the problem, but it wont let me upload it on this website.

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
.mp3. i recorded it on my phone
Not a supported attachment file type that I can see....can you put it in a zip file? You could do it in other ways, like a link to a separate hosting site ....

PatKen

PatKen

Audioholic Intern
Not working etheir, but i can email it to you if you want

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Unplug all input cables- if it still hums and buzzes, it's just noisy.

PatKen

PatKen

Audioholic Intern
Unplug all input cables- if it still hums and buzzes, it's just noisy.
Just noisy, how can it be just noisy, this is too simple of a anwser. Nothing is too noisy for no reason

highfigh

highfigh

Just noisy, how can it be just noisy, this is too simple of a anwser. Nothing is too noisy for no reason
Could be defective, could be a bad design, could have settings that need to be adjusted. My answer is for a quick way to determine if the noise is from the speakers or the feed but you didn't include much info about how you have it set up, so we can only guess at the cause. Did you listen to the audio with headphones or ear buds? Maybe the recording is noisy.

WRT your last comment- budget determines quality and it's impossible to be completely noise-free at that price point.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

If it buzzes with nothing connected, then it is noisy junk, pure and simple. If buzz only occurs when an input is loaded, it is a ground loop most likely, but we now see RF interference. These days, junk continues to come in avalanche quantities.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Some amps have inherent noise. If it is only in one of the five speakers then I'd suspect the speaker or its connector more....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis