Sound bar yamaha src20a ?

• Thread starter Ronnie the cable guy
  • Start date
Ronnie the cable guy

Ronnie the cable guy

Enthusiast
My sound bar turns off when i turn the tv off , but it doesnt turn on when i turn on my tv. i have everything hooked up right. anyone kno why

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
You've got HDMI CEC enabled somewhere in the loop. Turn it off at all points if you don't want that happening.

Ronnie the cable guy

Ronnie the cable guy

Enthusiast
I disabled the HDMI CEC and the sound turned off. Turned it back on, i got the sound back. I'm using a fire stick if that helps. The sound bar turns off when i turn off the tv, It just wont power back on when i turn the tv back on. I have to use the sound bar remote to turn it on. I have it hooked up using hdmi cable connected to the hdmi arc input on the tv. You think i should return the sound bar for another one? Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
One reason I like universal remotes :) Or perhaps that's something you need to do with yours is research the capabilities of the remotes you have in that regard. I wouldn't expect units to turn on/off together in the first place unless specifically a feature of the gear involved....which I don't know, what do your manuals indicate?

Ronnie the cable guy

Ronnie the cable guy

Enthusiast
One reason I like universal remotes :) Or perhaps that's something you need to do with yours is research the capabilities of the remotes you have in that regard. I wouldn't expect units to turn on/off together in the first place unless specifically a feature of the gear involved....which I don't know, what do your manuals indicate?
Yes i read the manual and watched youtube videos about it. no luck.The manual says sound bar should turn on and off with the tv.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes i read the manual and watched youtube videos about it. no luck.The manual says sound bar should turn on and off with the tv.
Hard to comment on that without specifics. Hope you figure it out to your satisfaction, if even possible under the circumstances you expect.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
When you said you disabled HDMI CEC, on which device did you do so? It seems like you want the soundbar to turn on and off with the TV, so you should make sure that HDMI CEC is enabled on your tv as well as on your sound bar.

Beyond that, this is not a forum that uses soundbars much, so it's unlikely we're going to have the experience necessary to help you and the manual doesn't offer much by way of troubleshooting information, unfortunately. I'd reach out to Yamaha customer support and see what they say about the issue.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
no! help mee
HDMI CEC is a mess as far as I am concerned. It just has a mind of its own. You just can not predict what it will turn on and off. Even if you have CEC turned off, it will turn units off you don't want it to. If your want to use HDMI audio return for TV apps, then you can not disable it.

This whole system needs a rethink. What I would like is that the audio return be separate from CEC. As far as I'm concerned it is easier to turn units on and off individually as needs arise. I actually hate the fact that this wretched system turns anything on and off, it is more nuisance than help.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Another option is to use a universal remote that will turn on/off gear as needed with macros.

Ronnie the cable guy

Ronnie the cable guy

Enthusiast
Another option is to use a universal remote that will turn on/off gear as needed with macros.
Good idea..Just bought a universal remote, everything is good now. Thank you guys for all your help.

Ronnie the cable guy

Ronnie the cable guy

Enthusiast
Logitech Harmony 670 Universal Remote off ebay, Got it for $60. New

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis