Sony to offer downloadable movies via PS3?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I heard on the news today that another potential announcement that would come at E3 would be about Sony offering High Definition rentals for download via the Playstation Store. Anyone else hear this?

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I have read about it in a couple places. Its probably designed to combat the similar offering on Xbox Live. I have also heard of possible PSN redesign over E3. They have the big advantage over MS of having their own studios to make sure there are plenty of movies too.

Here is a link: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26534

Last edited:
A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
I've also heard they'll be announcing the movies very soon, which is why they debuted the higher capacity PS3 now.

It should be interesting, because Sony has access to their own movie *and* music content.

EGM also reported this month that Epic is rumored to be adapting the Unreal Engine (Gears of War) to work better on PS3, along with a possible exclusive game.

B

Bigsilvs

Audioholic
It would be cool if Sony intergrated HOME into this somehow. Maybe you could go to the different studio locations that they have set up and look at all the movies or something. Maybe go into a huge movie theater...?

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
It would be cool if Sony intergrated HOME into this somehow. Maybe you could go to the different studio locations that they have set up and look at all the movies or something. Maybe go into a huge movie theater...?
That would be fine with me if the integration was optional, sometimes that could get annoying having to walk around looking for the theater showing the movie you want, but I don't have the home beta so I am not entirely sure how it works yet.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis