Sony STR-DE845 Problem...

S

Solution Six

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Ok for some reason I cannot get my DE845 to go into 5.1 dolby digital when playing a DVD. When I play a DVD it just goes into prologic mode. It's been this way for a long time, but I just really noticed it tonight. I finally got a high definition kit for my xbox tonight and with my xbox on, the blue light on the front for &quot;Multichannel Decode&quot; turns on and I get the proper display for dolby digital 5.1 on the screen. But with the DVD player, no dice.

I bought a new DVD player today and I'm having the same problem so I'm wondering where the problem could be. I have tried selecting '5.1 dolby digital' in the audio setup of all the movies, but it still wont kick into 5.1 mode.

Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>It could be because of the cables that you are using to connect the DVD with the Reciever. I own a STR-DE985 and I had the same problem when I was using regular stereo cables.
I could never get the 'Multichannel Decoder' light to go on, I thought that the reciever was faulty. Then I bought an Optical cable and connected the DVD player to the optical input on the reciever it worked. Finally all of the speakers on the reciever have lit up and I am getting now a true digital signal and the difference in sound quality is amazing. &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Solution Six

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I am using optical cables from my DVD player, although I actually figured the problem out a week ago.

My DVD player (both of them actually) were set to PCM audio mode. After playing with the settings for an hour or so I found the setting to change it from PCM to Bitstream. After I made the change, 5.1 comes on and it sounds amazing. I cant believe the difference it makes compared to normal dolby surround.

Thanks for the reply though
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>That's awsome ENJOY. There is nothing like optical connection.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis