R

royster1

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>
all of you guys out there with the da4es you have not had a da5es yet the da5es simply blows the 4es away you are in complete control with the da5es. i tried the da4es i packed it and sent it back the next day. da5es definitly a keeper</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>Royster,

Thanks for your feedback regarding these two receivers. &nbsp;We also preferred the sonic attributes of the 5ES. &nbsp;This is not to discredit the 4ES for those who own it however. &nbsp;Please realize there is a difference in retail price between the two and thus it is reasonable for the older and more expensive piece to have better performance in some areas. &nbsp;We have seen this in the past with Sony DVD players. IE. the Reference 7000 player sounded significantly better than its cheaper replacement 3000 model in our listening tests. &nbsp;Bottom line, newer doesn't always mean better
</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I didn't have the chance to side-by-side test the 5ES and 4ES but when I learned that I can buy one of the last 5ESs at heavily discount price I was very confused. For the 4ES i can buy anytime, it has 12V trigger, more amp. But when I compared the MSRP between those two, it doesn't make sense. &nbsp;YOu get more features for less price for the 4ES so I believe sony must cut cost somewhre. Maybe inside the receiver, labor or QA test. Now I am still very happy with the 5ES but I don't know if I should've bought the 4ES instead. I believe the 5ES has high quality than the 4ES that makes me think the 5ES sound better but it is not always true isn't it?
I think Sony made the right move when it justify the new 4ES receiver to compete in the market. it's very much general practice in many companies. When they first design something, they use the best parts to make sure it work correctly and less debugging variables but when it works, they go to the other source to cut cost.

Well i don't know what I am talking about.</font>

N

NEOINSIDE

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>ll of you guys out there with the da4es you have not had a da5es yet the da5es simply blows the 4es away you are in complete control with the da5es. i tried the da4es i packed it and sent it back the next day. da5es definitly a keeper
Royster

the 5ES is discontinued?

Do you know were i can get one???/

Greg</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis