Sony SRS-X99 Bluetooth Speaker Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
We all know that CES is the perfect event to introduce the newest electronics for the new year. That's precisely why Sony introduced a wide range of audio equipment. One of those products is their new Sony SRS-X99 Bluetooth Speaker.
PicsArt_1427900309003.jpg

This speaker is a slightly improved version of the previous SRS-X9. The SRS-X99 features a total of seven speakers composed of two double super tweeters, two magnetic fluid midrange loudspeakers, two dual passive radiators and a central woofer. The SRS-X99 can be controlled completely from a smartphone, tablet or the included remote controller.
PicsArt_1427900607831.jpg
There is also an application called SongPal which is available for both Android and the iOS. This app makes it possible to select the audio source speaker and simultaneously control other compatible speakers with this technology. For added convenience, Google Cast and Spotify Connect are also supported on the SRS-X99. On top of the unit you will find several touch keys that will let you choose/control the volume, play/pause and sound source.
But what about inputs? The SRS-X99 incorporates a stereo audio input, two USB inputs, input LAN (Ethernet cable), WiFi connectivity and Bluetooth connectivity support NFC. In the back of the speaker there is a small antenna aimed at improving WiFi signal reception when playing music through this connectivity method. (See the antenna in the pic below)
PicsArt_1427900371334.jpg

Let us know what you think about this new product from Sony and check out the following features and specifications.

FEATURES & SPECS:
  • Removable front grill can be removed by two magnets that are included with the speaker.
  • The device supports wireless Bluetooth and NFC for quick connection to the audio source.
  • High-resolution audio up to 192 KHz / 24-bit (AALC, FLAC, AIFF, and DSD4).
  • Supports Google Cast and Spotify Connect.
  • Amplification Power: 154W
  • Frequency Response: 40Hz - 45kHz
  • Dimensions: 430 x 133 x 125 mm
  • Weight: 4.6 kilograms
  • Availability: Spring 2015
Price: $699.00

S

steve aumonte

Audiophyte
Can you please tell me what has been improved over the x9...there is a $200 difference in price. I can't find any difference.
thanks,
Steve

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
Can you please tell me what has been improved over the x9...there is a $200 difference in price. I can't find any difference.
thanks,
Steve
The main difference compared to the current Sony SRS-X9 is that the SRS-X99 incorporates support for Google Cast.

B

Boog

Audiophyte
Hello, I've been considering the SRS-X99 as well, and another difference is support for the new LDAC BT codec. I have the SRS-X9 and like it very much, but am also stuck on the price difference at the moment...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis