H

Hanko

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Does anyone know or have experience with the Sony Home Theater Speaker System SA-VE835EDMy Webpage</font>

D

dcrot1

Enthusiast
If it says "sony" on the item it is overpriced junk. Aside from a few tv's there is nothing sony I would consider, you can find better offerings from numerous companies if you are considering a htib.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
The only good things I've ever used that were made by Sony were some Wega CRT TVs and my MDR-7506 headphones. That's it.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
yeah my wega xbr is awesome.. as for their other equipment, ive pretty much hated it all.

other than random little things, and their gaming consoles.

Last edited:
K

karsfri

Audiophyte
well, I'm very happy with my sony str da5000es receiver and my temporary speakers ss-mb350 couldn't have sounded better for 80$. I know sony has a lot off overpriced stuff, but they also have lot of products that have a real good value. I would never have bought cheap sony receiver because the are much worse that other receiver for the same price but I know of people that have changed from several thosand dollar receiver and bought digital sony receiver and been realy happy with it. I think the reason their products are misgood is because they are allways trying new technology. Some of it works and others don't. I also think it's kind of a trend to dislike sony as it is with microsoft. It's so easy to hate the big companies.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
i like microsoft, most of their stuff anyway. sony makes some good products, but generally their ht stuff seems pretty cheap and overpriced. some of the receivers are nice from what ive experienced, but their speakers arent very impressive.

my friend bought a 1200 dollar in a box system from the sony store, and it broke within 2 weeks. he replaced it and it did the same thing.. after the 3rd one broke he just got his money back.

it might be trendy to dislike sony, and bose for that matter.. but they are both understandable.

johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
IMO Sony doesn't know how -or doesn't want- to make good speakers. They tend to sound flat in general.

rikmeister

rikmeister

Audioholic
do your wallet a favor and do not buy sony baloney speakers. i have a sony tv that

is great but do not buy sony speakers.

K

karsfri

Audiophyte
I can agree that most Sony speakers are crap, but I know of one that is really good, the SSX 90ED. Unfortunatelly they don't sell them in the us.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis