A

allykahn

Audiophyte
First, I think this forum is great.

Second, my wife surprised me yesterday with a Sony KP-51WS510, (guess I'll keep her around a little longer :)). My questions are:

1. Is there anything I need to know regarding setup/tweeks? My old tv was a 46" Sony projection (10 years old).
2. I purchased some component cables (monster 2 ($69), AR($29), and Monster THX($30). I tried the thx cables, but I'll try the AR as well. Are there any differences between the three cables?
3. As far as hooking up my A/V receiver (Onkyo 601), should I run everything through the receiver, then to the tv? Like my dvd to receiver (component), then to tv, or just run the signal from dvd to tv.

This stuff can get confusing.
Thanks
AJ

1. Get yourself a Video Essentials or Avia setup DVD and calibrate the TV by following their instructions. You'll find that your set will look significantly better and will last longer to boot.

2. I'm thinking any of those cables should be fine. PS. Why did you purchase so many cables?

3. I'd run the DVD player directly to the TV, since I believe the Onkyo doesn't do component video upconversion anyway.

A

allykahn

Audiophyte
Thanks for the reply.
Where can I purcase Video essentials? I can get the Avia from crutchfield.

I purchased the three sets because I didn't know which way I was going to run the cables. (question #3). Whatever I did not use was going back.

U

Unregistered

Hello. I just purchased this set. Cables directly to the tv make a difference? right now I am using my reciever as an svideo switch.
also i am wondering what you recommend for viewing dvds, regular tv programs ie which zoom feature etc
thanks

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis