Sony’s 3D Gaming Line-up Confirmed

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai

Sony’s 3D Gaming Line-up Confirmed
Published 15/04/2010 at 6:49 by nofi

I’m not a fan of football – I simply don’t get it – but I am a fan of new technology and if the onset of some major footie competition this year (I’ve forgotten which) also brings the first 3D televisions, I’m happy. Overnight Sony have confirmed that the first 3D sets will be available this June, concreting our earlier story that we’ll be getting a major firmware update the same month.
More interestingly, Sony will also be offering free 3D Blu-rays and 3D PS3 games with the first TVs. “With the launch of Sony 3D TVs,” Sony tells us, “PS3 users are in for a treat as 3D stereoscopic gaming really comes of age.” Timed to release at the same time as the HX800, Sony’s first consumer TV set, Sony will release four 3D stereoscopic PS 3 game experiences through the PlayStation Network, which will be free with the TV.
Which games? Well, the press release mentions WipEout HD, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, PAIN and Super Stardust, which is now called Super Stardust HD6. Cool. The 3D Blu-rays available at launch (and again, bundled with certain sets) will be Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, and Deep Sea. The included, free games aren’t the full thing, though – details of the limited versions are below – but they’re good enough.

* Wipeout HD: full 3D game (not including WipEout HD Fury)
* PAIN: 3 x 3D episodes + 1 x 2D tutorial
* Super Stardust HD: full 3D game (not including DLC)
* MotorStorm Pacific Rift: single level 3D demo

So, all four games will be available on the PlayStation Store mid-June, and if you splash out on certain TVs (check with your Sony retailer) you’ll get the versions listed above for free. I personally can’t wait for the advent of this brand new tech, and I’m incredibly jealous of reader Jas-n who’s already put down the cash on one in anticipation of the big day. I might see if I’ve got anything I can sell around here.
Thanks, Jas-n.

Source: The Sixth Axis

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis