Some comments would be great!

D

dave

Audiophyte
I have just upgraded my older Yamaha amp(RX-495) for a new RX- V1400. There is a remarkable difference in sound quality. I have a speaker system called Diff from Denmark which comprises of 2 by 350 watts mains, 1 by 160 watts centre and 2 by 120 watts surrounds and all speakers are 4 ohms.

My questions: Has anybody ever heard of and/or used these speakers before and if so are they any good?

Should I be worried about not having a 4 ohms setting on the Yamaha amp?

My amp gets fairly hot, should this be a concern?

I have a friend who has very similar Diff speakers and a Yamaha RX-V530(much smaller than mine). When using his amp he has his sound level no more than -20db otherwise the sound is deafening. With my new amp I have to have the sound level up as much as -10db before it gets realy loud.

Any help would be great!! :D

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

If it starts to shut off start worrying. :eek: It is normal for an amp to run hot when using speakers of a lower impedance. It is simple as that. Your best solution would be to buy an amp that can drive your speakers. Yamaha's are known for having weak amplifiers, especially in that price range. (I have read several posts here where yamaha owners bought an amp to use with your receiver.)

Have Fun. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis