Solution to connect soundbar to rear ceiling speakers

A

AudioDunce

Audiophyte
We just built a new house and ran wires for rear ceiling speakers but as I am trying to find an audio solution for our main living area the more I want to go with a very good soundbar synced with the rear ceiling speakers. I have been unable to find a solution but I have very little knowledge when it comes to audio solutions. Is what I am trying to setup a feasible solution and how would this be done?

Thanks for any help ahead of time!

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
We just built a new house and ran wires for rear ceiling speakers but as I am trying to find an audio solution for our main living area the more I want to go with a very good soundbar synced with the rear ceiling speakers. I have been unable to find a solution but I have very little knowledge when it comes to audio solutions. Is what I am trying to setup a feasible solution and how would this be done?

Thanks for any help ahead of time!
Use a passive soundbar , more expensive but all active ones only use wireless recharging speakers I think . I’ve heard they are better too , find models you like I can look at them . Larger or more drivers probably better .
Passive is Front 3 + your in ceiling. So 5ch amp unless you want 7 for extra back surrounds.plus you can use any active subs you like ..

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why do you want a soundbar? Why are speakers in the ceiling? Everything about aesthetic and not showing wire rather than good audio?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Why do you want a soundbar? Why are speakers in the ceiling? Everything about aesthetic and not showing wire rather than good audio?
Op might as well get real speakers if he wants to be happy ... get pics of the room .
If rooms smaller soundbars might work , big then not sure .
Yeah I only see people using in ceilings for atmos .

A

AudioDunce

Audiophyte
We put the wires in their thinking it was a great idea at the time but I know very little about home audio solutions. This is being used in our main living area and we don't want a number of different speakers running to multiple different places thus I am looking at having the soundbar for front LCR and then pair it with the rear ceiling speakers.

I've been looking at resell groups and found what appear to be solid deals for quality products. Curious what your thoughts are?

Option 1Option 2
Passive SpeakerKlipsch Audio G-42 Klipsch RP-440D
SubwooferKlipsch R-12SW
ReceiverSony 4K AV Receiver STR-DH770
Ceiling SpeakersSonance MAG6R

A

AudioDunce

Audiophyte
Use a passive soundbar , more expensive but all active ones only use wireless recharging speakers I think . I’ve heard they are better too , find models you like I can look at them . Larger or more drivers probably better .
Passive is Front 3 + your in ceiling. So 5ch amp unless you want 7 for extra back surrounds.plus you can use any active subs you like ..
I've been looking at resell groups and found what appear to be solid deals for quality products. Curious what your thoughts are?

Option 1Option 2
Passive SpeakerKlipsch Audio G-42Klipsch RP-440D
SubwooferKlipsch R-12SW
ReceiverSony 4K AV Receiver STR-DH770
Ceiling SpeakersSonance MAG6R

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis