Solid walnut tv stand/equipment rack

• Thread starter Thegenuinearticle
  • Start date
T

Thegenuinearticle

Enthusiast
I looked all over for a piece of furniture that would suit my specific needs of this type and could find nothing. So I just decided to make my own. Hope you enjoy the pictures and very much appreciate the genuine curiosity over another thread I started regarding some mtm tower speakers I built. BtW solid wood can be very frustrating to work with. This was a great deal of work and often solid wood will need to be put on a jointer and also planed. I will be glad though to answer any questions. Notice the hollow section in the legs. I had to make my own legs by 45 miter cutting strips and glue them together. Solid walnut in dimensions of 2x2 or 3x3 by 30 plus inches in length is very expensive but almost always will havev a bend or warp in it. Table sanded up to 1000 grit and finished with several coats of Danish oil.

Attachments

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
Awesome job! I was in the same place a few weeks ago. So I too built one to fit what I needed. Feels good to finish a project!

T

Thegenuinearticle

Enthusiast
Absolutely.....It is strange though that there seems to be very little commercial products out there that are a bit of both TV stand and dedicated audio rack. I was really surprised that nothing was close to what I needed. Cheers and thanks for viewing!

J

jlm86

Audioholic Intern
Nice..
Why are no manufactures making these?
Makes no sense..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Nice..
Why are no manufactures making these?
Makes no sense..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
This is custom and you need to find people who make custom. Making custom and selling to retailers who keep them in stock ties up a lot of money because the manufacturer needs to be paid and then, they may sit in storage for months (or longer).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis