Snake Oil to the Max Part II

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
That s funny. Wonder if you can make coffee with it as well ;)

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
toquemon said:
I was looking for some cables and i watched this:
I know what is the problem with the cables of everyone who can't hear a difference, you haven't cooked them! (and just for $85)
http://audiobuff.zoovy.com/product/CABLECOOK
$85?

For the LOW LOW price of ONLY $9.95 + shipping/handeling, I'll *cook your cables.

*Cooking will be performed at 450 degrees for 1 hour in a Magic Chef oven. Optional pan saute' service availble for an additional fee of $5.95.

-Chris

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
Do not be fooled by that poseur Chris! I, the great Chef Van Woofer, will saute' your fine cables in the finest sweet cream butter from specially bred cows (whose milk is both rich and imparts amazing sonic properties) with a delicious reduction of copper oxide, powdered silver, and vintage Bordeaux, plus my secret herbs and spices, for a mere $11.95. That is both less expensive and better than his extra saute service, and I am told he sautes in vulgar margarine! Sacre bleu!! The barbarian!!

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
hawke said:
For $100 I'll jack your cables into a 120V socket and stick my tongue on the other side...
Be sure to post the video! :D

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
What!!!

Rip Van Woofer said:
Do not be fooled by that poseur Chris! I, the great Chef Van Woofer, will saute' your fine cables in the finest sweet cream butter from specially bred cows (whose milk is both rich and imparts amazing sonic properties) with a delicious reduction of copper oxide, powdered silver, and vintage Bordeaux, plus my secret herbs and spices, for a mere $11.95. That is both less expensive and better than his extra saute service, and I am told he sautes in vulgar margarine! Sacre bleu!! The barbarian!!

So is there an extra charge for White Wine?

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
hawke said:
For $100 I'll jack your cables into a 120V socket and stick my tongue on the other side...
Hawke, PM me your address. I've already got the brand new crisp C note in an envelope with a stamp on it; or do you prefer PayPal?

:D

-Chris

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
I gotta get one of those

I just know that it will improve the sound of my 20 year old 12 gauge bulk rolled copper wire speaker cables. It would have too, something is just got to be done to help those wires. :D

But does anybody know if this will benefit the coaxial cable running to my 18 year old Sony Betamax? Would it possibly improve the recording quality of the Betamax so that I can get near DVD quality recordings from standard broadcast TV? The picture is been getting a bit poor lately, it might be that the recording heads are getting dirty and I am too cheap to have the poor thing serviced, and too lazy to do it myself, but then again, exposing the vinyl/rubber of the coaxial cables to high temperature just may be the ticket to solving my problems. :eek: ;)

mcwilson

mcwilson

Audioholic
This is the funniest thing I've ever heard. Here's another forum I read:

---
Electrical currents passing through insulated wires create magnetic fields that interact with the material in the insulation creating an effect that some have described as "charging the dielectric." With use, the dielectric becomes fully charged and the cable sounds its best, but with disuse the charge dissipates and you have to start over again.
---

So, if you get the cable cooking service, your cables sound good until your next vacation. I wonder if the people who provide the cooking service also provide a Home Theatre-sitting service to keep your cables in good condition. Hey maybe I've hit on a new "service" industry...

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
JohnA said:
So is there an extra charge for White Wine?
Mais non! You have ze choice of red or white Bordeaux. The red, it imparts ze dark richness to ze midrange; while ze white, it makes ze treble bright and crystalline...

H

howardsprague

Audiophyte
Toquemon...DON'T listen to these charletons! They are all a bunch of lowdown hucksters out to separate you from your hard-earned money. I have the ONLY solution to your problem and I KNOW that this is the true answer. It was revealed to me by Jehovah himself, fourteen years ago, after I received a severe electrical discharge while tweaking my Sony Triniton picture tube.

The man showed me the proper way to cook audio cables. I can't reveal all the details to you, since I promised to hold this sacred process in the strictest confidence. Only those who are properly initiated can perform this culinary tweaking ceremony, as the cosmic forces involved are extremely dangerous, and could result in molecular reorganization, or even death. I can tell you that it is a lengthy process that includes pre-ceremonial washing, parboiling, slow-cooking for several weeks in a special sauce that utilizes the secret herb and spice mixture from Kentucky Fried Chicken (for which I payed a king's ransom), and finally a ritual smudge-burning dance perfromed by a Navaho shaman, in order to remove any residual oxygen and/or hostile spiritual entities from the dialectric. (double-blind tests conclusively prove that demons cause signifigant degredation of the audio signal).

You will not believe the difference this process will make in your system! I assure you, the change that my treatment will make to your cables is clearly audible, and worth every penny. Now, this kind of painstaking attention to detail does not come cheap, but you get what you pay for, and you'll be glad you did. Audio nirvana can be yours for only $97.25 per linear foot. That may sound expensive, but it's much cheaper than wasting your cash on some fancy-schmancy Martin Logan electrostatic nonsense. If you act now, I will include at no extra charge a 3 ounce bottle of sanctified record-cleaning solution drawn from the river Jordan. This is the same water that John the Baptist used to clean his record collection. You can find technical data and test results from world-renowned audio experts G. Marconi and Nick Tesla at my website www.audiophilesaresodamnedgullible.com

Yours in better sound,

Reverend J. Philips Marantz

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
Mudcat said:
I must be tired. I actually clicked on this.
Whew...glad I wasn't the only one! Hey, I figured maybe Howard had an audio satire site going -- I was going to put a link on my page! Funny stuff in that post!

Howard, if you ever do put up an audio satire page, let us know. :D

(Sorry to be pedantic, but the spelling is "charlatans".)

(Oh, and you said "Jehovah", so you have to be stoned to death. Sorry.)

Last edited:
Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
Rip Van Woofer said:
Whew...glad I wasn't the only one! Hey, I figured maybe Howard had an audio satire site going -- I was going to put a link on my page! Funny stuff in that post!.)
I was actually disappointed there was nothing there.

Rip Van Woofer said:
(Oh, and you said "Jehovah", so you have to be stoned to death. Sorry.)
Is this where J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter books) got the idea for "He who must not be named".

P

Polkfan

Audioholic
hawke said:

Man, I'd love to see that! :p

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
I just love this site. Finally an audio forum where people can poke fun at all this audio cable/power cord mumbo jumbo voodoo magic.

A couple of months ago, can't remember the brand name, but some power cord manufacturer claimed that "God gave him the inspiration to develop a special power cord that allows electrons to travel at the speed of light using some magnets."

On another audio site, I got blasted for questioning the state of sanity of this particular manufacturer and the sheer physical impossibility of his claim. Whatever.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
Just recently Tara labs, famed for making "audiophile grade" audio cables that cost upwards of hundreds and thousands of dollars, were busted by the feds for mis-labeling their made in China cables as made in U.S.A.

Those OEM cables cost literally couple of pennies per foot. Tara labs then re-packages them in fancy coatings, take out a couple of ads in stereophile, do some guerillar marking on internet forums, and charge people thousands of dollars for these claims. Their profit margin is literally several thousand percent. This is just sick!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis