S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Darn.

I wish I could sell a $2 homedepot wood turning into a $500 object of desire.

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
And to think...

I've been listening to speakers all this time :mad: ....I should have been listening to the knobs on my receiver. Man the harmonics of the C37 lacquer but be the best sounding in the world :eek: . Now add a set of the GLOB cables and we have a pure listening experience. :D

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
JohnA said:
Man the harmonics of the C37 lacquer but be the best sounding in the world
They must have finally cracked Stradivarius' secret formula!

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Heh, I found some of those awhile back before I found this site. Those were...dark days...dark days my friends. I started really looking around the internet, getting caught up in all the Snake Oil BS. I was looking for some reviews on Audioquest when I stumbled upon this site complete debunking Audioquest. I was amazed, amused, and completely hooked. I've always been a love of science, and it made me feel right at home.

Anyway, yeah, knobs. Of ALL of the high end tweaks I've seen, this takes the cake. More than cables, or isolation feet, more than freezing, even more than cable elevators. To think that someone would buy a $500 knob made of WOOD to get improved sound is....

Abso
lutely

Ludacris.

Even when I was caught up in all the high-end cable BS, my CrapDar was still overloaded when I came across these "upgrades". If they can't be nailed for shady business practices, then no one even will be.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

mtrycrafts said:
Only ones imagination limits what the marketeers will come up with to steal your money :mad:
Steal? I'd that the money and the fool would inevitably be parted anyway!:p

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I truly think I have seen it all, I can't even think of a good response :confused:

jaxvon said:
Heh, I found some of those awhile back before I found this site. Those were...dark days...dark days my friends. I started really looking around the internet, getting caught up in all the Snake Oil BS. I was looking for some reviews on Audioquest when I stumbled upon this site complete debunking Audioquest. I was amazed, amused, and completely hooked. I've always been a love of science, and it made me feel right at home.
You just made my day!

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
I don't think that's the first time they've has been mentioned here. But the amazement never ceases, huh?

Even more incredibly, this outfit has been around a few years - so there must be people actually buying. Talk about more money than brains!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to buy some hardwood and a small lathe... ;)

EDIT: Holy crap! I just noticed that their east ("Mods") phone number is in my area code! Dare I call?? :eek:

Last edited:
jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Yeah Rip, please call. Tell them you want to do a review on their knobs for audioholics, and make sure to record the call :D

ps, I was just browsing some of the other stuff on that site and I could mod my DVD player and make it sound tube like. Great, thats what I always wanted; a 2004 piece of equipment that sounds like it was made from parts off a Cold War era Soviet mig. I am sending mine in today. I would like to see these modders exposed as well. I have thought that was crap for years.

Last edited:
zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
They would look great with my pet rock collection.............

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
jaxvon said:

Anyway, yeah, knobs. Of ALL of the high end tweaks I've seen, this takes the cake. More than cables, or isolation feet, more than freezing, even more than cable elevators. To think that someone would buy a $500 knob made of WOOD to get improved sound is....

Abso
lutely

Ludacris.

Even when I was caught up in all the high-end cable BS, my CrapDar was still overloaded when I came across these "upgrades". If they can't be nailed for shady business practices, then no one even will be.

The knobs do look beautiful but are they worth $500? If you get one, you need all replaced :mad:

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
This is a quote from their poteniometer page:
"Us audiophiles (passionate? or maybe deranged!!) are on a relentless search for audio nirvana. " Maybe those knobs are bong pipes in disguise? :D

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
Rip Van Woofer said:
EDIT: Holy crap! I just noticed that their east ("Mods") phone number is in my area code! Dare I call?? :eek:
You MUST get a demo for Audioholics to review and then give away! You'll be legend!

"... just a 2 word review - Sh** Sandwich."

goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
Last night I watched "Prime Time". In their quest to look youthful, people in Beverly Hills and Palm Beach have fallen victim to charlatans selling artificial Botox. Instead of Botox, the victims received botulism toxin that mimics Botox. Because the dosages were miscalculated, the results were horrific. I'm not sure what this has to do with $500.00 wooden knobs, but I guess it goes to show that some "snake oil" can really hurt you.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
goodman said:
but I guess it goes to show that some "snake oil" can really hurt you.
Remember where the phrase "snake oil" came from?

The old west, when the equivilent of the "white van scam" rolled into town with a cart filled with a "wonderful elixer" that would "cure" every disease known to man, plus a few extra ones for good measure. And besides, it was good for giving you the runs.

RJB

RJB

Audioholic
Most amazing site I ever saw...

I went and poked around the "referenceaudiomods" site just for a laugh ( and I had LOTS ). It's incredible! I thought the folks here did a good job with the GLOB cable story but they can't hold a candle to the stuff that's being presented there! :eek:

I hope that nobody actually swallows what's being pushed by those folks, I mean really, anyone whose IQ is bigger than their hat size should see that the whole site is one great put on! :D

By the time I left their site I was laughing so hard I had tears running down my cheeks...the best stuff is when you enlarge some of the photos they have and get a look at what REAL quality looks like...pass me some more tissues!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis