Smoking deal in San Diego Axiom Audio M80's

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
He lowered the price to 450 obo. Man this is a bad time to be broke.

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
I'm seriously thinking of upgrading my speakers and this deal seems very tempting even though I don't have any experience with this brand, my only concern is that their impedance is 4ohms and my receiver, Denon 3808, might not be able to handle it....what do you think????:confused:

J

jamie2112

Banned
This is a sick deal.You can add an amp for around 200 and you would be set.....

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Thanks Jamie....any amp recommendations???...I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to amps. I'd have to get a new center channel though, as my speakers are all the same brand.
You know I've had these Bose 701 floor standing speakers for the last 7 1/2 years, plus the VSC 10 for center and 161 for surrounds and even though I haven't had any problems with them (the center speaker is the weakest link), I've always wondered if I should get something else, hoping that if I do it'll open a whole new music and sound world to my wife and me, that if I play Pat Metheny Group "Imaginary Day" DVD-A, our jaws are going to drop. I always read comments from people saying that anything is better than Bose, but I'd hate to get my expectations too high and find out that it's not what's cracked up to be....:(...I love to listen to good music and I've spent a decent amount of money on the hardware (Denon all around), but sometimes I feel that may be the speakers don't do justice, but may be it's just the feeling I've gotten after reading so many bad things about the Bose brand when it fact there's nothing wrong with their sound.....man, that was a long reply :eek: but I needed to get it out of my chest 'cause I'm confused:eek:

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Your Denon will have no trouble powering those speakers, but yeah, adding an external amp is an easy solution provided you need the head room... Those will put you in a completely different experience than the bose you've got...

J

jamie2112

Banned
The speaker drops down to 3ohms on the M80's so your Denon may have issues trying to listen at louder volumes.There are plenty of amps out there but the Behringer ep2500 is about $220 and would give you a ton of headroom with the M80's.At this price you could find a used Axiom center for cheap and with the amp the whole set would still be less than the M80's new...good deal for sure as I said....It will be another ballgame compared to the bose speakers and your music will have never sounded better to you..

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
I have the Axiom M22 Bookshelves and they are my absolute favorite speakers that i own. These M80s would be fantastic. If you are concerned about your receiver pushing these beasts you could email axiom. They have outstanding customer service and in my experience they answer withing hours. In my opinion your Denon will have no problem pushing them. If you want the absolute best though an external amp would be they way to go. With or without an amp though this would be a colossal upgrade for you.

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
I couldn't help it. I raided the savings account and bought them! Offered the guy 250 bucks and he took it. I listened to them and they are perfect. Noticeable upgrade from my Infinitys.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
250 bucks...for real???

I will give you $350 right now.

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
Thanks I feel like I'm about to wake up from a good dream. He was saying that he just sold a Kirby Vaccuum the previous day from slightly over 200 bucks. He had spent 1400 on it years ago. His wife was there telling me that since they moved into an apartment she didn't want anything larger than bose. They had a new Bose unit of some sort they had yet to hook up. This may just be one of the best deals I've ever come across.

64met

64met

Audioholic
I couldn't help it. I raided the savings account and bought them! Offered the guy 250 bucks and he took it. I listened to them and they are perfect. Noticeable upgrade from my Infinitys.
WOW! What a deal!! Enjoy!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
They had a new Bose unit of some sort they had yet to hook up. This may just be one of the best deals I've ever come across.
Do you have the Axioms in your posession?
Make sure you get them out of their house before they hook up the Bose!
:):):)

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
10 years and I'm still floored by how great these sound.

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
Brought these home 10 years ago to the day and they are still my favorite pair I own

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis