Sleeping On the Job

Matt34

Matt34

Sleeping on the job

Things To Say If You Get Caught Sleeping At Your Desk

15. "They told me at the blood bank this might happen."

14. "This is just a 15 minute power-nap like they raved about in the last time management course you sent me to."

13. "Whew! Guess I left the top off the liquid paper"

12. "I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new paradigm!"

11. "This is one of the seven habits of highly effective people!"

10. "I was testing the keyboard for drool resistance"

9. "Actually I'm doing a "Stress Level Elimination Exercise Plan" (SLEEP) I learned it at the last mandatory seminar you made me attend.

8. "I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve work related stress."

7. "Darn! Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out a solution to our biggest problem."

6. "The coffee machine is broken...."

5. "Someone must've put decaf in the wrong pot."

4. "Boy, that cold medicine I took last night just won't wear off!"

3. "Ah, the unique and unpredictable circadian rhythms of the workaholic!"

2. "I wasn't sleeping, I was trying to pick up contact lens without hands."

AND THE #1 BEST THING TO SAY IF YOU GET CAUGHT SLEEPING AT YOUR DESK:

"Amen"

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Hahaha. I have never slept on the job. Always moving to much.

You bet your on the signature police list...

Get rid of that red font! :rolleyes:

SheepStar

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
I am very well prepared in case in need to take a nap in the office. I brought my pillow and my sleeping bag. :D.

Matt34

Matt34

masak_aer said:
I am very well prepared in case in need to take a nap in the office. I brought my pillow and my sleeping bag. :D.
I wish. Friday morning I got called in at 2am to go look for a missing person up in the mountains. Ended up finding him in a cave where he fell 40ft and was all messed up. Spent 10 hours on the side of the mountain daisy-chaining rescue gear up and inbetween the supplies we rested, was able to find a fairly flat 4ft x 12ft section to lay down.

Here's the story..
http://www.svherald.com/articles/2006/03/18/local_news/news3.txt

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
masak_aer said:
My office comes equipped with a Lazy Boy recliner.

R

rolski

Audioholic Intern
My office comes complete with a PC - installed with Microsoft Outlook. That's more than enough to send me to sleep....

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
rolski said:
My office comes complete with a PC - installed with Microsoft Outlook. That's more than enough to send me to sleep....
I need my messenger and internet explorer then i can stay awake for long hours.

Matt34

Matt34

masak_aer said:
I need my messenger and internet explorer then i can stay awake for long hours.
Here at the K9 office we have two state of the art Dells circa 1999 with a combined RAM of 256mb.

When we come into work in the morning we launch Outlook and by the time we feed the dogs it's usually up.....that or the blue screen of death:p

outlook>our computers

Z

ZoFo

Audioholic
Great Job Matt!

Matt34 said:
I wish. Friday morning I got called in at 2am to go look for a missing person up in the mountains. Ended up finding him in a cave where he fell 40ft and was all messed up. Spent 10 hours on the side of the mountain daisy-chaining rescue gear up and inbetween the supplies we rested, was able to find a fairly flat 4ft x 12ft section to lay down.

Here's the story..
http://www.svherald.com/articles/2006/03/18/local_news/news3.txt

Sounds like it was one tough rescue!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis