SiriusXM no longer working with my Yamaha receiver

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Good evening fellow audioholics,

Just wondering if anybody else listens to siriusXM through a Yamaha and got this e-mail from them?

Dear Earl
Thank you for listening to SiriusXM. We appreciate your loyalty. It has come to our attention that you may be streaming SiriusXM at home using a Yamaha device. On March 31 we are enhancing our streaming service and consequently your streaming player may not be able support the new SiriusXM feed. If you are unable to get SiriusXM at home after March 31 on your current equipment we recommend the following options:
› Contact your equipment manufacturer to see if there is an upgrade available that will make it possible to receive SiriusXM on that device.
or
› Download the SiriusXM app onto your smartphone, tablet or computer so you can listen to SiriusXM over the internet.
(Click here to see how)
or
› Order a FREE Amazon Echo Dot from SiriusXM and stream via your home wifi. Shipping and taxes may apply. (Click here to order).
If you are still able to listen to SiriusXM on your current equipment after March 31, then you can ignore this issue. Rest assured, this has no effect on your account and the billing of your SiriusXM subscription package. This also has no effect on listening to SiriusXM by satellite.

It doesn't work for me anymore, so I'll give Yamaha a call and see if they are planning an update, but just wanted to put this out there..

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Good evening fellow audioholics,

Just wondering if anybody else listens to siriusXM through a Yamaha and got this e-mail from them?

Dear Earl
Thank you for listening to SiriusXM. We appreciate your loyalty. It has come to our attention that you may be streaming SiriusXM at home using a Yamaha device. On March 31 we are enhancing our streaming service and consequently your streaming player may not be able support the new SiriusXM feed. If you are unable to get SiriusXM at home after March 31 on your current equipment we recommend the following options:
› Contact your equipment manufacturer to see if there is an upgrade available that will make it possible to receive SiriusXM on that device.
or
› Download the SiriusXM app onto your smartphone, tablet or computer so you can listen to SiriusXM over the internet.
(Click here to see how)
or
› Order a FREE Amazon Echo Dot from SiriusXM and stream via your home wifi. Shipping and taxes may apply. (Click here to order).
If you are still able to listen to SiriusXM on your current equipment after March 31, then you can ignore this issue. Rest assured, this has no effect on your account and the billing of your SiriusXM subscription package. This also has no effect on listening to SiriusXM by satellite.

It doesn't work for me anymore, so I'll give Yamaha a call and see if they are planning an update, but just wanted to put this out there..
They gave you suggestions of what you can do. Here's another suggestion of what you can do. You can email SiriusXM and tell them to stick it up their ass and that you are going to cancel your subscription.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
They gave you suggestions of what you can do. Here's another suggestion of what you can do. You can email SiriusXM and tell them to stick it up their ass and that you are going to cancel your subscription.
Yes, you're right on both counts...Not sure why they would change their interface or whatever, knowing before hand that it would screw up some of their customers. Pandora, Spotify, and my network music are enough for me. I will let them them know what they can do with their streaming subscription today.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, you're right on both counts...Not sure why they would change their interface or whatever, knowing before hand that it would screw up some of their customers. Pandora, Spotify, and my network music are enough for me. I will let them them know what they can do with their streaming subscription today.
Spotify and Pandora have also done updates that affected apps in older gear. The bigger problem is the avr manufacturer not allowing for updates....but then again having a separate streaming device is often an even better way to go (altho it is nice to just have it in the avr for simplicity).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis