M

Monkey Me

Does anyone miss black framed TV,monitor as much as I do.I am really sick of those silver TVs.I like mine to be totaly dark frontally.

A

av_phile

Senior Audioholic
I also like black monitors. And black facade amps, tuners, players and preamps. I think this prevalence of silver bodied AV gears are an arbitrary decision of manufacturers to flood, say, Asian market with silver, European/American market with blacks of the same model, or vice versa. SOme models are silver in the local stores, but when you search the net for reveiws, you discover they have black models elsewhere on the planet.

A

Aridhol

Audiophyte
I too would like to find a nice completely black TV but 99.9% of the TV's sold locallly are silver. All my other equipment is flat black and my furniture will be as well and having a silver TV will stand out like a sore thumb.

U

Unregistered

I hate the new trend for every thing silver...geez black is classic and will look good with every thing silver yeah cool for about hmm 1 month

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Try selling a silver TV to a old lady who is used to her 25 year old console TV. I think it is one of the biggest complaints about newer TVs. Not much you can do about it though. :(

O

Oh He

Where the Black?

What happened to all the black cabinet TVs? Who were the big wigs that made that decision? Is there no turning back to black?

Oh He.

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
I keep hoping that a tasteful mauve with ivory accents will become available. ;)

O

outsider

Audioholic
rgriffin25 said:
Try selling a silver TV to a old lady who is used to her 25 year old console TV. I think it is one of the biggest complaints about newer TVs. Not much you can do about it though. :(

my parents had to give up their console TV last week. It finally died. My mother is quite angry about the new silver one. She can't stand it. For some reason she thinks a TV should look like a piece of furniture to which I say, "it's for entertainment, not for sitting on".

I do agree that silver is getting old, but the black ones were ugly, too.
Maybe someday we'll be able to order custom colors.

U

Unregistered

Whether or not you expect a tv to look like custom furniture or not, the silver is annoying. You darken the room to watch a movie and yet you have this bright, shiny silver around the edges of the image. I'm not as much into movies as I am movies, but I hate it nonetheless.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
The new JVC D-ILA sets are available in either silver or black according to their website.

I think we have Sony to blame for the proliferation of silver. It all started with their WEGA sets, then the need for DVD players to match, and so on, and so on. I hate it.

U

Unregistered

Its tough to find black. Thats because every 5 years they have to change colors. Electronics are generally pretty reliable so its marketing trying to make your system look "old".

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I took a samsung back because I hated the silver so much. I settled on a panasonic. While still having a silver frame it was much smaller and more muted.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis